Vonage

icklemiss21

Jan 16, 2005
Burlington, ON
My family are in the UK so I call long distance alot. I have been using Skype for calls home when I am on the computer etc but also have a long distance plan on my phoneline. Last month my phone company put up the price of calling by 500% without telling me so I have a huge bill. I pay $10 for a low international rate and my rate went up to higher than if you don't subscribe to the plan. I called them and she said there was nothing she can do as you lock into the rate for 12 months. She agreed with me that the free plan shouldn't have cheaper calls than a paid plan but still wouldn't change my rate plan.

Its basically impossible to do all my calling on Skype as my BF needs the computer for his business and it works off a headset not a phone plugged into the modem/router etc so I was wondering if anyone has experiences with other voip especially vonage as I can get a UK phone # so my family can call me for cheap!

Its also cheaper than my current provider - $20 a month for 500 mins Canada and the US with voicemail etc included and then half my old price per min for calls - we can get a dedicated fax line and pay the $8 for an extra UK # and its still cheaper than our current provider!

I should add that we can keep our number with them (which is why I am looking at them and not other voip companies) which is important with my BF running the business from home