Union Protests Earning High Pay

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Toyota's benefits are a mere pittance of GM's and Toyota doesn't have all the retirees that GM has, and these still receive full benefits.

And I would sooner drive a GM truck compared to a crappy Toyota one. The Silverado received consumer reports top rating.

A mere pittance?

I know four people who work for Toyota and two for GM, hate to tell ya but there isn't much difference. As for retired employees that is a given because GM has produced cars here far longer. Still, why can Toyota afford to pay high salaries and not GM?

Here's one answer, truck sales, which GM depends on have plummeted because of rising fuel costs. No good making a good truck if nobody wants one.

Hate to break it to you but the Sliverado is third on consumer reports list behind the Tundra and Avalanche, so GM does fair slightly better than the Tundra in this class with the Avalanche.....but lets look at the rest.

Best compact truck...Ridgeline by Honda.

Most recommended pick up is the Tacoma by Toyota.

Most reliable compact truck is the Tacoma by Toyota.

Most reliable full size pick up is the Tacoma by Toyota.

Lets go into SUV's....

Beat ones are...

Subaru, Toyota and Honda.....what a shock.

Shall I go on?

P.S. interesting that in your anti-union rant you choose to purchase a truck made by union members. I'm sure they thank you for your support hypocrite;-)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It isn't the unionists who have nearly wiped out the Big 3 automakers: rather, it is the designers who have misread what the general buying public wanted. Built in DVD players and GPS units are nice extras, but these seemed to be the major selling points of the Majors:roll:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It isn't the unionists who have nearly wiped out the Big 3 automakers: rather, it is the designers who have misread what the general buying public wanted. Built in DVD players and GPS units are nice extras, but these seemed to be the major selling points of the Majors:roll:

That and the dopey over compensated execs who pushed the status quo while everyone else looked ahead.