TTC, thank god, not going on strike

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
A tentative agreement has been reached between the city of Toronto and its 8,400 transit workers.

"I want to announce to the people of Toronto that there will be full TTC service tomorrow morning,'' Bob Kinnear -- president of the Transit Workers Union, ATU Local 113 -- told reporters on Sunday.

"We have reached a tentative settlement with the commission that our executive board will be recommending to our members. It is then up to them to decide whether to accept it or not. We are a democratic union.''

The deal -- the details of which haven't been released -- was reached after last-ditch negotiations were started on Sunday.Link

Whew!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: TTC, thank god, not going on strike

Jay said:
Do you use the TTC, Andem?

Yep. There's no other way to travel in this city than the TTC. Autos are completely out of the question.

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005

Andem said:
Jay said:

Yep. There's no other way to travel in this city than the TTC. Autos are completely out of the question.

Funny I lived here (TO) for 25 years and only took the TTC for 3 years finishing school. Its great cutting people off and playing chicken with taxis.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

badboy said:
Andem said:
Jay said:

Funny I lived here (TO) for 25 years and only took the TTC for 3 years finishing school. Its great cutting people off and playing chicken with taxis.

I admit it was nice with the Jetta TDI in the suburbs up in Thornhill, but downtown (skydome area), it's hell. Never need a car here.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Andem said:
Jay said:

I guess that would save you a lot of money...unless you own a car too...?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Jay said:
Andem said:
Jay said:

I guess that would save you a lot of money...unless you own a car too...?

Nope, I have not owned a car for a couple of years now. It does save a lot.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Doesn't that leave you sorta stuck in the city?

I live in Lonodn, and I travel past Northbay atleast once a year....How do you get around?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Jay said:
Doesn't that leave you sorta stuck in the city?

I live in Lonodn, and I travel past Northbay atleast once a year....How do you get around?

My mum has 2 cars and my room-mate's car is free to use if I need it. Needless to say, I rarely use any of them. Of course, when I visit my mum, I use the civic all the time. That's Barrie, though.