Trudeau: Canada Won't Rush To Reopen Border

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Are borders really that important?

"We're on the right path, but we'll make our decisions based on the interests of Canadians and not based on what other countries want," he told a news conference in Ottawa.

Canada won't rush reopening border with United States, Trudeau says​

MONTREAL -- Canada won't be rushed into reopening its border with the United States to non-essential travel, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Monday as new COVID-19 case counts continued to drop in much of the country.

Calls for a reopening plan have started to intensify as vaccine coverage has increased on both sides of the border. The White House said last week it had not decided when or how to reopen the border with Canada, but business groups and lawmakers including Vermont Gov. Phil Scott and New York Rep. Brian Higgins have urged both countries to come up with a plan.

Trudeau said Monday that while many people are eager to see the border reopen, any easing of restrictions needs to be done carefully and with Canadians' safety in mind.

Canada won't rush reopening border with United States, Trudeau says | CTV News

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Are borders really that important?

Not to this govt, based on the fact that international passenger flights have been landing daily since the borders were "closed". And where do the vast bulk of them land? Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, Hmmmmm, I've been seeing those cities and surrounding areas in the news a lot over the last year concerning the number of Covid cases they have. I wonder if there's a connection. Nahhhh can't be. Groper's running the shit show so it's gotta be the Conservatives' fault somehow.

Reactions: taxslave

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
When your grand-kids are across the border, then it is an issue.

The US border is not a concern. Cases are down on both sides. Keeping it closed does nothing to help Canadians except for the Lieberal lemmings which believe it because their dreamy haired god told them.

The issue is the flights from other parts of the world like India which have been allowed to continue to arrive with a quarantine system that makes it worse. I know he stopped flights to India for 30 days but I think those 30 days are up.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Jinentonix wrote:

Not to this govt, based on the fact that international passenger flights have been landing daily since the borders were "closed". And where do the vast bulk of them land? Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, Hmmmmm, I've been seeing those cities and surrounding areas in the news a lot over the last year concerning the number of Covid cases they have. I wonder if there's a connection. Nahhhh can't be. Groper's running the shit show so it's gotta be the Conservatives' fault somehow.

You think cities having higher case counts is because of increasing immigration.

Yeah, that's on its way to fascism.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: taxslave