Toronto vs. UWO vs. UW

Joycehuyuqing

Jan 14, 2010
Hi, I am creating the thread for I need some help in selecting university for undergraduate. I would like to apply to U of T, Western and Waterloo. I know they are all good universities, but I am really want to know more about the cities and the universities' reputations to decide which one goes the first. And I haven't been to any of the places yet since I am not a Canadian resident. I heard that the cost of living in toronto is expensive and so does that in waterloo. I hope life in london will be cheaper. : )
It is said art at U of T, business at western and engineering at waterloo. REALLY? Is that a reputation thing?
Or undergraduate will be the same anywhere else.
I would like to study in health studies or environmental things. Which of the uni. would be a better choice? I don't think that a big city feeling gonna be a problem to me, but I do hope people there are friendly and easy going, so that I can fit into the society and school life better and faster. Also, I want to improve my English. I wish I could speak and write in English as good as my first language. ~~So, I hope the study at uni. won't be that cruelly competitive.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
My daughter is choosing her University right now, too. Toronto or Western for health science and Waterloo for environmental would be my advice.

Joycehuyuqing

Jan 14, 2010
My daughter is choosing her University right now, too. Toronto or Western for health science and Waterloo for environmental would be my advice.
wow, so glad that is exactly the same as I planned. XD

thanks. lol, and how do you think about the three cities?