Toronto Blue Jays

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now I am a big Toronto Blue Jays fan. I was upset when Montreal left the Major League Baseball, but even as a French-Canadian I have enjoyed Toronto sports teams, I guess its because my father's from Toronto and I lived there for four years.

However, I think Toronto will get into the playoffs this year

Troy Glaus, 37 HRs last year

Lyle Overbay 17 Hrs last year

Beckett

Ryan

And they have Koskie, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Hinske, and they only had to lose Batista and Hudson.

So I think Toronto will go 103-59

What do you guys think?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I don't know.

The only move the Yankees made was Damon, and Boston lost a few key players. If both teams have a really bad start and Toronto has an excellent start than Toronto might make it in as a wild card. We will have to see.

But from what I have heard, people are beginning to find interest in Toronto Blue Jays again.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now with Troy Glaus, I predict Toronto winning 112 games. However, in the strange world of baseball, I will predict that they will do the exact opposite and lose 112 games.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Former Blue Jays Baseball Academy coach charged with child luring
Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Apr 01, 2021 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Well-known Hamilton baseball coach and member of the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Academy John Hashimoto has been arrested on child luring charges.
Well-known Hamilton baseball coach and member of the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Academy John Hashimoto has been arrested on child luring charges. PHOTO BY JOHN HASHIMOTO /FACEBOOK
Article content
Halton Region detectives have arrested a former top instructor at the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Academy and charged him with child sex-related offences.

Cops say that John Douglas Hashimoto, 56, of Hamilton, has been charged with luring a child under 16 years and invitation to sexual touching.

Tim Hortons enters 'Hall of Shame' for chemical use
Trackerdslogo
Hashimoto was allegedly communicating online using the name David or David 46.

He is a retired teacher with the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board and is actively involved in youth baseball in the City of Hamilton, police say.

He was also a lead baseball instructor for the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Academy from 2006 until early 2020 and a master coach developer and evaluator for Baseball Canada.

According to his website, Hashimoto had worked closely with young players “to improve baseball skills.”

“We were deeply disturbed to learn of the charges against a former seasonal employee, but as this is an ongoing legal matter, we cannot comment further at this time,” the Toronto Blue Jays said in a statement Thursday.

Investigators believe there may be additional alleged victims.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact Det. Todd Martin at 905-825-4747 ext. 8983 or Det.-Const. Andrew Hulbert at 905-825-4747 ext. 8974.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun