Tories Urged to Re-open Abortion Issue

Should the Government of Canada introduce legislation to restrict access to abortion?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know / Prefer not to respond

• Total voters

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I wasn't talking to you Jo, when I said what I said about the holocaust. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: Tories Urged to Re-open Abortion Issue

Jay said:
Machjo said:
OK, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and just suppose she hasn't fuly mastered the subtleties of the English language yet.

http://www.anncoulter.com/bio.html

A Connecticut native, Coulter graduated with honors from Cornell University School of Arts & Sciences, and received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School, where she was an editor of The Michigan Law Review.

She doesn't need it.

So if she does indeed know English, then I'll have to take her statements at face value, in which case one can logically conclude from them that she wants to ridicule them and be deeply offended if they disagree with us because they speak French!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
OK fine...she hates all French people because of the language they speak. Good undercover work guys, your top notch detective work has unearthed the real enemy again.

Now if you lefties would sink in a third of that energy in fighting terrorism instead of aiding our enemies we just might have peace on earth some day.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Oh, and one more thing....abortions are great! Have as many as you can!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Jay said:
OK fine...she hates all French people because of the language they speak. Good undercover work guys, your top notch detective work has unearthed the real enemy again.

Now if you lefties would sink in a third of that energy in fighting terrorism instead of aiding our enemies we just might have peace on earth some day.

Hey, nothing against fighting terrorism, but remember, they were in Afghanistan, not Iraq. So if we're going to fight terrorism, then let's fight terrorism, not everyone else.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Jay said:

Uh, actually, no they aren't. They're are ethical, health (physical and emotional and psychological) and economic (someone has to pay the doctors. Just the ethical argument alone is enough not to want to get as many abortions as one can (it's not a sport). And heck, considering the health concerns involved along with stigmatization, I'm sure even those who don't oppose abortion ethically would still oppose systematically setting oneself up for as many abortions as possible. Any person who'd do such a thing would have to be considered mentally unstable. Whatever gave you the idea tht abortions are good? Even teh pro-choicers will at least acknowledge that it would be best if unwnted pregnancies never occurred in the first place.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Jay said:
I wasn't talking to you Jo, when I said what I said about the holocaust. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's Ok, I was aware of who you were referring to aka: Breeding quote.

Jay said:

:lol: Now you're just being silly

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly
RE: Tories Urged to Re-op

Ann Coulture is a media personality. Her job is to stir up the left and make the right laugh at them. I know this is an alien concept for the politically correct crowd, but most of what she says is hyperbole, the art of extreme exaggeration. I know you all seem to get it when Michael Moore does it. But when someone one the right side of the political spectrum does it, it aint funny anymore.

Watch some Dennis Miller stand-up, spark up one of them funny cigarettes you hippy types like. Laugh a little.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Re: RE: Tories Urged to Re-op

Vicious said:
Watch some Dennis Miller stand-up, spark up one of them funny cigarettes you hippy types like. Laugh a little.

I used to like Miller until he went over to the dark side.

Now Bill Maher is my hero....

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

Jay said:
I suppose when I advocate anti-abortion, I don't mean you have to keep the child.

I'm a big fan of adoption (being adopted myself), but I realize that isn't realistic for everybody. I work everyday with sick babies. There aren't nearly as many parents eager to adopt them unfortunately.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: Tories Urged to Re-op

Vicious said:
Ann Coulture is a media personality. Her job is to stir up the left and make the right laugh at them. I know this is an alien concept for the politically correct crowd, but most of what she says is hyperbole, the art of extreme exaggeration. I know you all seem to get it when Michael Moore does it. But when someone one the right side of the political spectrum does it, it aint funny anymore.

So, what you are saying is that Coulter has the credibility of Moore? So, zero? Sounds about right.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Machjo said:
Jay said:

Uh, actually, no they aren't. They're are ethical, health (physical and emotional and psychological) and economic (someone has to pay the doctors. Just the ethical argument alone is enough not to want to get as many abortions as one can (it's not a sport). And heck, considering the health concerns involved along with stigmatization, I'm sure even those who don't oppose abortion ethically would still oppose systematically setting oneself up for as many abortions as possible. Any person who'd do such a thing would have to be considered mentally unstable. Whatever gave you the idea tht abortions are good? Even teh pro-choicers will at least acknowledge that it would be best if unwnted pregnancies never occurred in the first place.

I agree and disagree. Because I see a fetus as nothing more than a parasite, I see no issue with having as many abortions as you want. Just as I would have no issue with people getting as much medical assistance as they need. I have no moral issues with abortion.

That being said, pregnacy is a (mostly) voluntary condition. As such, I would rather it not have to happen in the first place, and be pre-empted by proper sexual education. I do have a rational objection to it in that abortion is a waste of medical time and resources. But I don't feel that I can impose my ideals upon those that choose to have an abortion, I just expect them to pay for it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We have more important issues than dealing with something that will never go away. There are two groups, pro and con and nothing will ever satisfy either, so lets move on

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Tories Urged to Re-op

In my opinion, you are not killing a baby, you are removing a fetus.It becomes a baby when its born. A fetus has no legal rights nor should it. Only when its born does it have rights. The only reason why there are term limits at all is to appease relgious groups and because late term abortions can be extremely harmful to the woman.

So therefore, i do not beleive that this issue needs to be revisted. What we have now is fine.

I do not believe that the government has any right to weigh in on social issues such as abortion, same sex marriage etc. I don't believe that marriages period shoud be recognized by the goverments.

So really, my whole thing is stay the hell out of my or anyones life and just focus on issues that are important.