This Maybe A Newb Question But...

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
...Is there anyway to disable the subscription option? I know you just have to remove your subscription in your CP but is there just a way to disable it altogether? :-?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Not sure but I think you have to do it by the thread. Although you can do it wholesale in your CP by selceting all, also there is a drop down menu in the reply to post screen with those options. Just select there when you first post in a thread.

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
...Is there anyway to disable the subscription option? I know you just have to remove your subscription in your CP but is there just a way to disable it altogether? :-?

Control panel > Edit options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > do not subscribe

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Cool Phil B, I'd never seen that. I usually just hunt and peck my notifications. It's kind of fun to get a notification from some necro thread that a noob found. You don't miss their perspective as it can be enlightening to revisit an old topic sans the taint of the emotion or ideas you had at the time. Kind of like rereading a book years later.:smile:

Phil B

Electoral Member
Mar 17, 2007
Brighton,UK
I must admit I just have the notifications off rather than not subscribing, for the very reasons you just listed.