[When the Prophet recited the Quran to the people of Mecca and invited them to the Islam, they denied him and said: “It is only a man that teaches him, and this Quran is not the word of God!”
Therefore, this soora (or chapter) was revealed:]
(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)
1. [God] the Most Gracious!
2. has taught [Mohammed] the Quran.
3. He created man [: Jesus, the son of Mary, without father.]
4. He taught him the evident explanation.
5. The sun and the moon are made punctual.
6. The stars and the trees fall down [on the earth in prostration.]
7. And the firmament has He raised high, and He has brought down the Law [of justice included in the heavenly scriptures.]
[Then God – be glorified – addressed the judges and arbiters, and He said:]
8. You shall not transgress the law of justice.
9. And establish the judgment with justice, and do not be unjust by inclining [to one of the two opponents.]
See the complete explanation of this entire soora 55 here: