The View

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I used to watch the view once the kids left for school in the morning. I'd have my morning coffee, clean the kitchen, and listen to them gab. Personally, I enjoyed the show. I found it really appalling the way so many of their comments were picked out of the conversation. Walking into any convo and picking out three lines of it can make it all look bad. Over all, they are a group of women with varied views, and their discussion aren't scripted. Mistakes happen, and foots end up in mouths, much as in real life.

Frankly, I quit watching once I had this forum to head to. I was disgusted after the Dawson College shooting, that there was no mention of it on their show whatsoever. So, I started looking for better options for hearing other peoples' views on the world, and you all are it!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I have never been a fan of Rosie. Others must see something in her that I don't.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

The View is a show about women complaining about men.

Now if the View was about men talking about women it would be X-rated.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The View is a show about women complaining about men.

Now if the View was about men talking about women it would be X-rated.

They complain abuot EVERYthing. men may get their turn, but, so do women, kids, dogs, taxes, politicians.... the list goes on. I'm guessing you don't watch it much if you have such a narrow view of it. There's nothing I hate more than man bashing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Isn't Barbara Walters the host? She's deeper than a man-bashing show. I doub't she would be a part of it if it didn't have substantive discussion.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Isn't Barbara Walters the host? She's deeper than a man-bashing show. I doub't she would be a part of it if it didn't have substantive discussion.

Barbara Walter is the creator and one of the hosts, but, because of her other obligations, she is not always on. Thus, Rosie is the 'moderator', the one who is responsible for keeping things on topic and timing it for commercials and such. But, I have yet to see them sit around bashing men. The comedians (Rosie and Joy) do crack the odd joke here and there, but nothing that anyone could think is serious.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
"The view is about women complaining about men "

I don't think were talking the same show --why because its all women hosts ?? now desperate house wives is a different story lol

The view is about whatever or who ever is in the news at the moment --thats it