The heroes of Iraq

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
7000 ft. asl and on full auto
Odd. You think encouragement and empowerment of a people to vote in a free election is propaganda?

from the Washington Post:

An overwhelming majority of Iraqis continue to say they intend to vote on Jan. 30 even as insurgents press attacks aimed at rendering the elections a failure, according to a new public opinion survey. The poll, conducted in late December and early January for the International Republican Institute, found 80 percent of respondents saying they were likely to vote, a rate that has held roughly steady for months.

"Despite the efforts of the terrorists, Iraqis remain committed to casting their vote on election day," IRI President Lorne Craner said in a statement. The organization, which is funded by Congress through the National Endowment for Democracy and the U.S. Agency for International Development, commissioned the poll, which surveyed 1,900 Iraqis in all but two of the country's 18 provinces. Poor security made two in the far north, Nineveh and Dohuk, inaccessible. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004
Odd. You think encouragement and empowerment of a people to vote in a free election is propaganda?

An overwhelming majority of Iraqis continue to say they intend to vote on Jan. 30 even as insurgents press attacks aimed at rendering the elections a failure, according to a new public opinion survey. The poll, conducted in late December and early January for the International Republican Institute, found 80 percent of respondents saying they were likely to vote, a rate that has held roughly steady for months.

"Despite the efforts of the terrorists, Iraqis remain committed to casting their vote on election day," IRI President Lorne Craner said in a statement. The organization, which is funded by Congress through the National Endowment for Democracy and the U.S. Agency for International Development, commissioned the poll, which surveyed 1,900 Iraqis in all but two of the country's 18 provinces. Poor security made two in the far north, Nineveh and Dohuk, inaccessible. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Paco

Electoral Member
Jul 6, 2004

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Paco

I enjoyed the video. It was a pretty good advertisement.

But it is really not an election. The same thing happened in Afghanistan. The only guy who was able to go out and campaign was Karazi because he had the whole US army at his side. The other poor flunkies were too scared.

Imagine having an election where it is not even safe enough to have a picture of the candidate on the ballot?
And worse .... this election is the election to choose the people who are going to write the constitution for Iraq. There is another election next year after the constitution is written.

We all know ....
In the U.S. "pretended" ignorance is considered a "strength".

I was reading a blog the other day and where it was claimed that ballots are being sold for 400 bucks each.

There is a problem with the voters list. The names or list was comprised of information from Iraq's food ration program during the sanctions.
Thousands upon thousands of Iranian's are truckin' over the border and buying ballots and to vote. Iran would like "their" man in control. I think that is why the U.S. is bad-mouthing Iran so much lately .... because they know that after the election, Iran will have huge influence within Iraq.

This blog is a pretty good one. I just found it the other day. The spelling is really bad sometimes, but the information is realistic.

Secrets In Baghdad
http://secretsinbaghdad.blogspot.com

This one here is pretty good too.

Words From Iraq
http://www.wordsfromiraq.com

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Paco

But it is really not an election. The same thing happened in Afghanistan. The only guy who was able to go out and campaign was Karazi because he had the whole US army at his side. The other poor flunkies were too scared.

Imagine having an election where it is not even safe enough to have a picture of the candidate on the ballot?
And worse .... this election is the election to choose the people who are going to write the constitution for Iraq. There is another election next year after the constitution is written.

We all know ....

I was reading a blog the other day and where it was claimed that ballots are being sold for 400 bucks each.

There is a problem with the voters list. The names or list was comprised of information from Iraq's food ration program during the sanctions.
Thousands upon thousands of Iranian's are truckin' over the border and buying ballots and to vote. Iran would like "their" man in control. I think that is why the U.S. is bad-mouthing Iran so much lately .... because they know that after the election, Iran will have huge influence within Iraq.

This blog is a pretty good one. I just found it the other day. The spelling is really bad sometimes, but the information is realistic.

Secrets In Baghdad

Words From Iraq

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Paco

We all know ....

Secrets In Baghdad

Words From Iraq