The Commanders

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, after two years of farting around, they finally announced the new name of the Washington NFL franchise.

The Commanders.

Woo.

Hoo.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ex-Washington Commanders employee accuses owner Snyder of inappropriate behaviour
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Feb 03, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Tiffani Johnston, former Marketing and Events Coordinator, Marketing Manager and Cheerleader for the NFLs Washington Football Team, testifies before the House Oversight Committee during a roundtable Examining the Washington Football Teams Toxic Workplace Culture on Capitol Hill on February 3, 2022 in Washington, DC.
Tiffani Johnston, former Marketing and Events Coordinator, Marketing Manager and Cheerleader for the NFLs Washington Football Team, testifies before the House Oversight Committee during a roundtable Examining the Washington Football Teams Toxic Workplace Culture on Capitol Hill on February 3, 2022 in Washington, DC. PHOTO BY POOL /Getty Images
Article content
A former Washington Commanders cheerleader and marketing manager on Thursday accused team owner Dan Snyder of touching her inappropriately and trying to push her toward his limousine when she was employed by the team, allegations Snyder denies.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Tiffani Johnston told a Congressional hearing that her boss had asked her to dress “cute” for a work dinner and that she was then placed next to Snyder, putting her in a compromising sexual situation.

“It was not for me to discuss business but for me to allow him, Dan Snyder, to place his hand on my thigh under the table,” she said.

Johnston said she discreetly removed his hand to avoid making a scene and continued her conversation with another co-worker instead of calling out Snyder in the moment so as not to jeopardize her job.

“I also learned later that evening how to awkwardly laugh when Dan Snyder aggressively pushed me toward his limo with his hand on his lower back, encouraging me to ride with him to my car,” she said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
She said the only reason Snyder stopped was because his attorney was there and intervened, telling Snyder it was a “very bad idea.” She said she was able to remove herself from the situation while Snyder was distracted.

Five other women testified at the roundtable, which is part of an investigation into workplace misconduct at the team over the course of two decades.

An NFL investigation into the workplace culture at the team led to a $10 million fine last year but Snyder was not forced to step down.

The NFL has declined to release the full report of its investigation, something the former employees and prominent committee members have called for.

Snyder denied the allegations in a statement after the hearing.

“While past conduct at the team was unacceptable, the allegations levelled against me personally in today’s roundtable — many of which are well over 13 years old — are outright lies,” Snyder said.

“I unequivocally deny having participated in any such conduct, at any time and with respect to any person.

“Tanya (Snyder) and I will not be distracted by those with a contrary agenda from continuing with the positive personnel and cultural changes that have been made at the team over the past 18 months, and those that we continue to make both on and off the field.”

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I dunno. Did they really think this through?

The name will be shortened to the Commies! Yeesh!

(Oops! Just noticed this was already mentioned in this thread...my bad.)