Telus twats!!!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
The union said take it, so what? It is just a recommendation, the membership voted. We are a free country.Union memberships do not always do what executive suggests. Plus if the scabs were not allowed to vote the No vote would of been higher. But trial boards will start shortly so scabbies won't be able to vote next time as they will be members in bad standing.

Well this telus thing could of been settled if so many scabs did not undermine the union and cross picket lines in Alberta. BC is strong but Alberta is scab capital of Canada (as seen as well with Tyson).

This is basically the same deal Telass offered back in in the spring, Entwistle never did nor has any desire to negioate fairly.

I have an aunt with over 30 years seniority who is going to lose her job whether it is a yes or a no vote. Because of Telass sending work to Phillipines and closing 3 offices reguardless of a yes vote. Now Telass may close even more.

Telus illegally has harassed and fired workers during this dispute and the fired workers should be re instated before dispute is centered.

I can not wait for the losers who crossed in Alberta to start being fined by the union for crossing.

You may not like unions ten packs but I do. I was always involved in diferent places I worked at over the years. I was even plant chairman (recording secretary before that) at the mill before I left.

I got a son, who is whipped to the bone, from working solid 12-hour nights, a part of a five man team trying to do the work of an eight- man team - WHAT THE HELL IS THIS TO YOU?
And it ain't doin' much for his marriage either! Eat sh*t and die - 50 million flies can't be wrong.

Ten Packs- Not my fault your son is working to the bone or that is marriage is sufferring. Thats what happens in labour disputes management and people who cross lines have to work much harder.

Thats the risk you take if you are in management in a large unionized company, people may strike now and then and with the "anti hiring replacement worker (scab) laws" both federally as Teus is and in BC management should know they will be working extra.

Here is a couple websites to check out:

Voices for change- Go to discussion forums

Another wrong number

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Telus twats!!!

no1important said:
Ten Packs- Not my fault your son is working to the bone or that is marriage is sufferring. Thats what happens in labour disputes management and people who cross lines have to work much harder.

Not his fault how many guys lose their boats or Skidoo's either - SO?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Well he could always get another job if the job he has is too much of a drain on him. Most people work for many companies in their lifetimes.

Is your son in management of telus? If so they knew a labour dispute was coming and they would have to pick up the slack.

If he is working 12 hour shifts why would he lose his skidoo or boat?

We live in a democracy and the majority said no. Just like if it was 50.3 the other way they would be back to work. Majority rules.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Telus twats!!!

no1important said:
If he is working 12 hour shifts why would he lose his skidoo or boat?

Are you really that incapable of understanding my posts, or is it just a put-on?

The workers have been out for 3 1/2 months! - Just HOW LONG do you think they will have to work, at whatever raise they get, to make up that kind if lost wages??? 3 Years? not a chance. 5 years, not close yet. 10 years? Well we're in the ball-park now.....

FINE - STAY OUT!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
I have an aunt with over 30 years seniority who is going to lose her job whether it is a yes or a no vote. Because of Telass sending work to Phillipines and closing 3 offices reguardless of a yes vote. Now Telass may close even more.

nobody is going to loose their job as a result of outsourcing, its only temporary until the strike ends. thats the official line anyway.

Well this telus thing could of been settled if so many scabs did not undermine the union and cross picket lines in Alberta. BC is strong but Alberta is scab capital of Canada (as seen as well with Tyson).

actually in the case of telus mobility more than 75% of ORIGINAL
workers crossed picket lines to go to work. Yes all of them are from Alberta but it does show disinterest in the union from Telus mobility, whose employees are well paid even without a new contract. Im not saying they dont deserve better compensation, im just saying that the Union is asking for too much and only they are suffering. Financial results are still quite high for telus throughout the strike.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
nobody is going to loose their job as a result of outsourcing, its only temporary until the strike ends. thats the official line anyway.

Sorry you are wrong.

They have been outsourcing for quite a while and will increase it with a yes vote and even more if this is not settled. It is part of the latest offer from Telass as the closing Whalley,Glenlyon and Victoria those 3 are for sure with a yes vote and telass agreed not to shut Prince George down until next contract, but who knows what will happen now, with the no vote.

Are you really that incapable of understanding my posts, or is it just a put-on?

The workers have been out for 3 1/2 months! - Just HOW LONG do you think they will have to work, at whatever raise they get, to make up that kind if lost wages??? 3 Years? not a chance. 5 years, not close yet. 10 years? Well we're in the ball-park now.....

FINE - STAY OUT!!!

Grow up ten packs. Quit the insults. Maybe stop being so vague in your statements. You first claim this:

I got a son, who is whipped to the bone, from working solid 12-hour nights, a part of a five man team trying to do the work of an eight- man team - WHAT THE HELL IS THIS TO YOU?
And it ain't doin' much for his marriage either! Eat sh*t and die - 50 million flies can't be wrong.

then you say this:

The workers have been out for 3 1/2 months!

First it sounds like your son is working now you say he is not?
Which is it?

The union workers VOTED NO!! for the contract, why can not you understand that? They will go back to work when they vote Yes for a contract they like. Majority rules in these cases as it always has. But yet you respond with unintelligant posts and profanity and insults?? like wtf??

I have family working with Telus and have friends that work at Telass so I will not stay out of it.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
First it sounds like your son is working now you say he is not?
Which is it?

Yes, I guess you really ARE so daft that you can't understand my posts.... hard to believe as it is. YES, HE IS WORKING - but what of all the people who are NOT? And are now scraping the bottom of their bank accounts?
Unlike YOU, and your White Pedestal, I happen to think that people will suffer over this....some will suffer bad. I don't see Word One from you about it. Of course, you're just sitting on the sidelinds, eating your chips and dip, aren't you.

And don't tell ME to grow up - I started working in 1969 - what were you doing then? And "insults"? I haven't insulted you - ask Rev, if I want to insult you, you'll damn well know it.

You STILL havent told me how you figure you got a dog in this hunt....

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Eat sh*t and die - 50 million flies can't be wrong.

one of your lines.

I was 2 in 69 and have been working since 83 so what? I hope I don't turn into a miserable person when I retire.

The people who are not working should work harder to make sure a yes vote passes next time. More people voted no then yes. How much harder is that to figure out?

Labour disputes suck but they chose to work for Telass and knew before they were hired Telass had a union and unions get locked out like the case is now and do go on strike, almost anyone saw this labour dispute coming and if they are on hard times maybe they should of saved up more money. They do get 250 a week tax free and many have part time jobs to supplement their income.

But the bottom line is that you can not understand is the majority of workers voted NO and they will vote yes when they recieve an appropriate offer.

This lockout could last a while as the scabbies won't all be able to vote as trial boards are starting up and they will be declared members in bad standing so Entwistle wont have the block of yes votes he had this time either.

You STILL havent told me how you figure you got a dog in this hunt...

Why would I need one? I have an aunt, step sister, 4 friends that work for Telass. You have your son so why is this even an issue?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Labour disputes suck but they chose to work for Telass and knew before they were hired Telass had a union and unions get locked out like the case is now and do go on strike, almost anyone saw this labour dispute coming and if they are on hard times maybe they should of saved up more money. They do get 250 a week tax free and many have part time jobs to supplement their income.
Life is so simple, isn't it?

I'm bored.... off to other subjects.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
53 votes out of more than 9000 - you have to understand facts, before you can explain them....

let them sit it out until May - my son is tough stuff, and making huge money over this.... just too bad that others are LOSING huge money.

I once belonged to the BCGEU - under their mandate at the time - if they went on strike, the entire "negotiating group" had their salaries reduced by the same level as the strikers. Likewise, Dues could only go up by the same percentage as a new contract provided for the Members.

Always thought that made a lot of sense..... I've seen enough of Bargaining Units staying at fancy hotels, and "booking" Surf'n'Turf dinners, with lots of wine....

Cactii

Nov 1, 2005
Vancouver
www.lawinfocanada.com
I'm all for keeping jobs in Canada and I also understand Telus for outsourcing certain services.

Until recently i would have supported the people striking in front of telus. I haved to walk by them every day to go to my office and couple of times they calling me bad names.

I even explained, that I'm not working for Telus. The answer was "we don't care". They are hoping the community supports them, however "They don't care" about the community.

Just my 2 canadian cents.

Ursula42

Nov 13, 2005
Vancouver
crazy talk on here, my first time though. putting my 2 cents in: i know ppl at telus, union AND management. it's ugly all 'round. 10 pack says his son is losing his life and marriage yet making tons of money. it's true: telus is paying ppl $5000 per month to work. also true: telus cut employees in chemo and with other health problems off of benefits. true: ppl with 25-30 years of service WILL lose their jobs, or be offered the same position, in nunavit. might be true: union is running out of money. could happen, yet they've been taking up the slack where necessary, e.g., paying health benefits
it's time pps woke up, realized that telus is trying to erode a fair and equitable working environment, and wants the suffering public to endorse them. who here has telus service and can say it is good, let alone friendly?
can you hear me now?