Telus LD Phone Plans

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I had what I figured was the best long distance plan going, but I discovered one that's even better.

I've always used Telus, and I'm very happy with their products and service (really!). My new LD plan gives me up to 2000 minutes, anytime of the day or night, to anywhere in Canada and the US (except for areas serviced by NorthWest Tel... Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut) all for only $19.95.

that's if you have your internet through them. If not, the other plan is slightly different - 2500 minutes for only $24.95.

I shouldn't have any problem whatsoever using all those minutes!

LadyC said:
I had what I figured was the best long distance plan going, but I discovered one that's even better.

I've always used Telus, and I'm very happy with their products and service (really!). My new LD plan gives me up to 2000 minutes, anytime of the day or night, to anywhere in Canada and the US (except for areas serviced by NorthWest Tel... Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut) all for only $19.95.

that's if you have your internet through them. If not, the other plan is slightly different - 2500 minutes for only $24.95.

I shouldn't have any problem whatsoever using all those minutes!

Cool.

I've always had one of Telus' Canadian LD plans. Can't remember the name of it, but it was something like 1000 minutes after 5 and on weekends for $23 a month. I thought that was pretty cool, but after a while I starting noticing that I don't use anywhere near that amount of LD. In fact, what was happening is that we were only calling people after 5 because we felt a little stupid about having a plan and then not calling within the hours it allowed.

Then I looked at Sprint one day and realized that I would have to talk for 9 hours or something at Sprint's rate in order to pay the $23 (plus $4 system LD fee or whatever) I'm paying Telus. So, we switched to Sprint and now my phone bills are like $34 instead of $60.

It just happens to work out better for me because we don't use all that much LD and therefore with Telus we were playing for lots we didn't use. Now that we're paying per minute and the same rate no matter when we call, we're not only saving money but we're also calling people whenever we damned well feel like it :)

Works for us...

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I found I was waiting till 6:00 to phone people. I had no problem meeting the minimum 200 minutes to make my old plan worthwhile - everyone in my family is long distance for me. Some of my friends, too.

Now I don't have to watch the clock - I can call on any old whim.;)

Re: RE: Telus LD Phone Plans

LadyC said:
I found I was waiting till 6:00 to phone people. I had no problem meeting the minimum 200 minutes to make my old plan worthwhile - everyone in my family is long distance for me. Some of my friends, too.

Now I don't have to watch the clock - I can call on any old whim.;)

It makes a huge difference, eh? Most of the people we call are east of us (we're in Calgary) so calling the east coast earlier is better.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
You're in Calgary?
Oh, I'm so sorry. :(

I can't wait till Monday to call someone. It seems such a waste to call now... or on a Sunday. I plan to call my friend in Ontario Wednesday at noon, because I can now. :D

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
They still nail you a fee if you use your minutes or not. Sears charges only 7 cents a minute and no extra fees like telus. I remember the reason I gave up on Telus for home was they still charge you $4.95 a month wether you call long distance or not.
They say that plan was just a special. There best plan now is the $45 a month for 950 minutes plus $4.95 fee.

this is their best plan at the moment, from their web site: http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?content=pc230977&Region=B

Nothing could be simpler than flat, per-minute long distance rates. With
Your Way 950™, you pay just $45 per month for 950 minutes of direct dialed long distance calling anytime, anywhere to the U.S. and within Canada. In addition to the monthly plan fee, a $4.95 monthly long distance administration fee will be applied to each residential line with a TELUS residential long distance plan.

This is for BC though, the above best rate.

I would say the deal you got will more than likley end after 3 or 6 months.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
They still nail you a fee if you use your minutes or not. Sears charges only 7 cents a minute and no extra fees like telus. I remember the reason I gave up on Telus for home was they still charge you $4.95 a month wether you call long distance or not.
They say that plan was just a special. There best plan now is the $45 a month for 950 minutes plus $4.95 fee.

this is their best plan at the moment, from their web site: http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?content=pc230977&Region=B

Your Way 950™, you pay just $45 per month for 950 minutes of direct dialed long distance calling anytime, anywhere to the U.S. and within Canada. In addition to the monthly plan fee, a $4.95 monthly long distance administration fee will be applied to each residential line with a TELUS residential long distance plan.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca