Should a person be legally required to register a prepaid smart device?

Should a person be legally required to register a prepaid smart device?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
There's a couple.........................kids and pedophiles! :)

Do you mean all pedophiles or only those who've acted on it? If you mean all, then:

1. What non-offending pedophile would voluntarily register himself and ruin his life by doing so? And why should he if he's not yet offended?

2. Offending pedophiles are already registered.

As for registering offending ones, that's like closing the barn door after the horse is out. Registering a smart phone could serve as at least somewhat of a deterrent at least in some cases.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
How about births and deaths? Marriages and divorces??

Cars and licenses and passports?

There's a reason most states (including democratic ones) have already passed laws requiring far stricter rules than what even I've proposed in the OP. Let's just think of sex offenders who might try to groom victims online.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Driving is part of 'free passage' so no fees and you pack your own insurance as does every other person as part of a standard life insurance policy.

Cars and licenses and passports?

There's a reason most states (including democratic ones) have already passed laws requiring far stricter rules than what even I've proposed in the OP. Let's just think of sex offenders who might try to groom victims online.
How about we give them something else to do so they don't have time to think about sex. Cleaning out crack houses or bathrooms in a brothel are two that spring to mind.

I would bet that more than half of the predators online are cops trying to sting somebody.