Seems everyone has seperation plans...

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Seems everyone has se

I say we should pre-emptively kick em in the ass and give the Natives a sweet land deal that includes the oil producing areas of the province of Alberta

I agree. I wonder what kind of deal the FN have over oil revenue? They should be getting a fair bit, if this was a fair world. I wonder if and when all land claims are settled, how much oil fields will be on their land?

DoubleWitt

Nominee Member
Sep 5, 2005
Montreal
Terrorist Attacks = Separatist Attacks
Separatism = Terrorism
There is no difference between the 2
Both are crimes...
There's mutiny on board the ship.
What do we do with these pirates...?

I know that's a rather strong point of view but there is some truth in it - I believe... It can be looked at as some form of rebellion against the unity and leadership of the country. In the days of the pirates, what happened to those who inspired the mutiny?

DoubleWitt

Vitamin C

Nominee Member
Sep 14, 2005
Ontario
DoubleWitt said:
Terrorist Attacks = Separatist Attacks
Separatism = Terrorism
DoubleWitt

Is that what you thought when you watched on television when the Ukraine separated from Russia? Or is that what you think about Tibet who wants to leave China as the people there are slaughtered?

Quebec was conquered by England in a brutal and terrible war. The English General, Wolfe, authorized his soldiers to rape women, and do other unspeakable things.

In 1980 or whatever the date was, Quebec had the Canadian Constituion imposed on it by force. Quebec never signed anything to be part of Canada, they never entered into any agreement. If they had, then maybe you can say that they don't have the right to leave. In Legal agreements (i.e. constitutions) you have to sign your name for your membership in the agreement to be enforceable.

I am in no way a sovereigntist. I'm from, and live in Ontario. I love Quebec and respect their right to determine their own fate. I hope that Canada can one day say to Quebec, we would like you to be part of our country, this is what we will do for you and why it will benefit you if you decide to join us.

But when you force someone to join your country at swordpoint, and later on they decide maybe they don't like the agreement.....can you really blame them?

DoubleWitt

Nominee Member
Sep 5, 2005
Montreal
I understand your point of view and yet the separatists are always using history to change things today. Can't we find a greater reason for being separated...? And so they base much of their decision on the past. Personally, I'm not interested in planning my future based on yesterday - it makes no sense to me and I don't see that as being very intelligent. But I respect your point of view just the same, certainly. They are always lamenting about how wicked it was when the English came along... but did you ever stop to think of how wicked the French were towards the Indians - that was very disgusting... So if they want Quebec back based on the fact that the land was taken by force from the English - then let the French give back the land they took by force from the Indians. If you want to reason the way they do, then this Quebec land of ours belongs to the Indians. So let the French yield it to them... I'm not won over to the idea to attempt to correct the past; but if they really want to insist that this should be done and if they have any sense, then for the same reason, let the Indians have their land.

Respectfully,
DoubleWitt

Vitamin C

Nominee Member
Sep 14, 2005
Ontario
RE: Seems everyone has se

You're exactly right.....But to them it is not that far in the past.....1980 isn't that long ago....meech lake wasn't that long ago.....1995 wasn't that long ago....

For them it is all a continuation of the same story....

It's impossible to correct the past....

But we need to stop repeating it...