Second Municipal Donation made to BC Liberal Party

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Second Municipal Dona

That's from this year. Go back to shortly after the charge against Campbell and you'll find that MADD was extremely unhappy with what he wanted to do.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
The major reforms, like rehabilitation and ignition interlocks for repeat offenders, are up to the discretion of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles and have yet to be solidified in practice. No other province leaves impaired driving legislation practice up to its Superintendent. In other provinces, penalties are written into the legislation.

from the MADD site it seems like we have a little ways to go.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
i guess the whole point of this thread is to point out to the general public that the liberal party has a few issues they have yet to deal with. one day i would imagine they will become public knowledge but in the meantime they will do their best to make sure we don't remember these issues.

Ted

Nominee Member
May 12, 2005
Vancouver
They are all corrupt, but the double standard is what bothers me. If the legislature raid had happened under the NDP's watch, or if Glen Clark had been busted for drunk driving, the media would have insisted on keeping the story in the news and bringing down the government over it. Funny how Clark and Harcourt stepped down, and were later exonerated of any wrong-doing. But the villification continues, while Mr. Campbell seems immune to this level of media scrutiny. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe in any of the parties or the politicians. I am not an NDP supporter, or any other party. They all make me sick.