Satisfied with John Kerry?

Is John Kerry a solid candidate?

• Yes. He stands strong.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat. He still remains unclear on some issues.

• No. He is confused and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

• Total voters

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
One has to remember that although the Republicans like to paint the media as Liberal. The truth of the matter is that the owners of the media are largely Republican. Its hard to be objective when your jobs on the line. So Americans actually get a Republican bias media and the Republicans have a scapegoat for any tidbit of real information ekes its way out into the mainstream.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Satisfied with John K

It's a double whammy, Zen...most of the advertisers are Republican too. They have an incredible amount of input into programming because they control the cash.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Both excellent points.

I have been noticing the Republican Spin Sling, it sure works like nothing I've ever seen, a veritable marvel of creativity that can wash the sins of the Republican party - ie ballot discrepancies - in the waters of Spin and then, like the miracle it is and in the snap of a spin finger, the sin becomes a mark of the Democrats.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Satisfied with John Kerry?

zenfisher said:
One has to remember that although the Republicans like to paint the media as Liberal. The truth of the matter is that the owners of the media are largely Republican. Its hard to be objective when your jobs on the line. So Americans actually get a Republican bias media and the Republicans have a scapegoat for any tidbit of real information ekes its way out into the mainstream.

Well said! You've hit the nail on that one.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Satisfied with John K

I think Zen has been reading Chomsky again. Everybody should.

edited because I left out the word reading which left Zen being Chomsky...an idea the world is not yet ready for :lol:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Satisfied with John K

Reverend Blair said:
I think Zen has been reading Chomsky again. Everybody should.

edited because I left out the word reading which left Zen being Chomsky...an idea the world is not yet ready for :lol:

Yes, I liked the first way best. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Chomsky was flitting around under the astral banner of existential chickens.