ROYAL WEDDING

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
As they are about to tie the knot,I want to be among the first to wish Charles and Camilla a long and very happy marriage. I was begining to doubt I would ever see this event occur in my lifetime. :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
As they are about to tie the knot,I want to be among the first to wish Charles and Camilla a long and very happy marriage. I was begining to doubt I would ever see this event occur in my lifetime. :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Well to be honest I don't care anymore. I have had it long ago with their shenanagins. I notice Queen Lizzie is not even going now. I wonder if Queen Clarkson will be going.......?

We need to either abolish the monarchy or if we still have the need for a monarch or figurehead get a real Canadian.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
According to some constitutional experts, they're not allowed to marry - something to do with royal-types not being covered by the Wedding Act 1949. Having said that, I'm sure that act was superceded by more recent Human Rights legislation - Rather a shame in my view, as having to give up his position (and it's concomitant £12,000,000 p.a. income) would have been a real test of love. Generally speaking, though, I couldn't care less who marries whom; I just don't want to have to pay for it.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
ahhhhhhhhhhhh..all pomp and circumstance.*yawn* I am with chumbawamba on this one :p There tune makes me bounce off the walls :p

Farewell to the Crown

Poacher come with his poacher's gun
Out in the woods to shoot someone
"My lord your time has come"
Right between the eyes!
Fell his master not by chance
Away with pomp and circumstance
Come join our merry dance
To the rhythm of goodbye
(Chorus)
Farewell the jewel crown
Farewell the velvet gown
Watch it all come tumbling down
Goodbye to the crown
Goodbye to the crown
Goodbye to the King of Nothing, really
Wave of a hand, not a life of Riley
Part Nazi, part King Billy
Goodbye to the crown
Goodbye to the dear old mum
Mummified on gin and rum
Smile and wave and just play dumb
Goodbye to the crown
(Repeat chorus)
Goodbye to the media whore
And all the pious work for the poor
And all the faces that she wore
Goodbye to the crown
Goodbye to the royal We
And all its famous pedigree
Let's put this dog to sleep
Goodbye to the crown
(Repeat chorus)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm partial to the Sex Pistols " God save the Queen"

course I don't know how "fascist" the monarchy really is....

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Well, there was an incident in 1934 when the then George V is alleged to have expressed support for The British Union of Fascists, and they do all seem to like dressing up in cod-military garb, but I agree - I guess punks just considered the whole British establishment to be fascists, probably without really knowing what they meant.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The Church of England started because Henry VIII wanted a new chick. How can either that church or the British establishment have anything to say about this at all?

Yeah, I know it was all more complicated than that, but in the end that's what there is.

To me this is like the whole SSM thing here...I have no intention of doing either Camilla or Chuck, but I support their right to do each other officially instead of just whenever they can close the curtains so the paparazzi can't see in.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I keep reading that "SSM" and I know what it means, but for a split second or 2 I'm reading S&M and wondering just what the hell that has to do with the topic..........

yes, my brain wonders down the strangest paths...but it's growing....I wouldn't want to retrain it and have it shrivel and die.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
:D I'm glad it's not just me: I have this vision of black leather wedding dresses with spikes and chains. And as for the vicar, well ...

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Puts me in mind of the old Steve Martin bit about Spaniards and Mexicans.

We need a new name for gay marriage...something to fill the gap until we grow up enough to stop differentiating. I think I'll start a thread. ;-)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I just have to say it....So what? Liz is going to sit on throne until one of the boys takes over anyway...I can't remember which boy is which. I hope the one who smokes dope and makes bad costume choices gets to be in charge though. I think he's earned it. ;-)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: ROYAL WEDDING

no1important said:
I think Queen Lizzie (or whoever made the choice for Charles) should of let him Marry Camilla back in the day instead of Diana.

I think they wanted to have good looking children though...