Root Beer!!

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
My Dad used to brew his own beer in a 4 gallon crock in the basement. I loved the smell of that canned syrup or thick mixture of hops as he opened the can during preparations.
He used green Canada Dry gingerale bottles when bottling. Not the 2 cent small ones, but those 5 cent refundable ones. Probably a litre or whatever.
The house reeked of beer during the brew time, which was a month or less. As soon as you walked into our house, it smelled like a washroom at Maple Leaf Gardens. It smelled like that old tattered wooden box which collects the beer caps behind a bar and where the bar keeper opens bottled beer.
Anyways; after the beer was brewed and bottled, he then bottled or made root beer. He used the same litre bottles as was used with his beer.
Well, as a kid, I pigged right-out!
I can't handle root beer anymore.
It's kind of sad .... I know. Not slash-up time, but so sad, eh?
I like Cream Soda now. (The red stuff.)

One time I was visiting a small town in Newfoundland and that A&W Bear showed up because of a new outlet opening.
I swear that half the town turned up to see the Root Beer Bear!

But .... fudge beats pop anyday!

Calm

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ricky we need to send you a 6pack of a&w root beer. Than you can decide...if you give me your address in a pm I will send you a 6 pak :p no need to send me any gouda, we have lots here. :p

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
So...do you get coke with lemon in over there? I don't like it but just felt like asking...tastes like fairy liquid if you ask me (do you get fairy liquid??)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
What's fairy liquid?

I've seen people get a hunk of lime with their rum and coke, and I've put lime in a Corona to cover up the skunky flavour, but I've never seen lemon with just straight coke.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
For all I know they sell it here too. The shelves seem to be full of something. I've never been a big shopper...I pretty much stick to buying beer and tobacco.