Redrawing Canada

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
In my opinion, we could strengthen the Confederation as it stands now by reforming the Constitution Acts pertaining to the Senate in a way which would grant each Province equal representation; regional representation in the Senate, coupled with a mixed system in the House of Commons, could go a long way in restoring faith in democracy in Canada.

leobing

Feb 3, 2006
Okanagan valley
I think Canada would be better off going to something similar to Switzerland. With four Cantons or areas with each area having complete powers of a country separate but with federal powers allotted to a new smaller federal government to handle things like foreign affairs, military and so on.
This would satisfy Quebec, the west (BC, Alberta, Sask, & Manitoba), and the maritimes. I would have the west one area, Ontario another, Quebec next and the maritimes. I think this would cut down a lot of the fighting and feelings of being left out that has gone on for ages. If I remember right, there was something like this proposed a long time back. The idea of regions rather than provinces. The idea was to allow the people in low populated provinces to have a greater say in their own business