Police support Gun Registry

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Police support Gun Re

the caracal kid said:
more police does not solve crime. it reacts to crime.

money is better invested in pre-emtive programs than on armed thugs.

Look at WHY guns are used and reduce those reasons. That is a neccessary part of the solution.

Thats another good liberal idea - let's buy all teens from poor areas a new Cadillac and a handful of bling - that'll help. This concept of having parents responsible enough to raise you with rules and standards is just SO-O-O archaic - besides,rules are harmful to your "Self-Esteem"!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

karra

Ranter
Jan 3, 2006
here, there, and everywher
How do you know that. . .

money is better invested in pre-emtive programs than on armed thugs.
and encore I say. . . .

Look at WHY guns are used and reduce those reasons. That is a neccessary part of the solution.
Good grief - do you really think there's a solution to be found in the answers to that question - why, I swear, most bad people I know state the reasons they use guns are for the terribly obvious reasons - which have been explored to death and beyond - none of which require this level of bureaucratic self-protectionism aka votes = hello Liberal Party of Canada. . . .

What a sorry state. . . .

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
as sorry a state as it is now, it would be worse to have a government that is merely reactionary in its measures.

governments should LEAD, not REACT!

more cops is a poor investment of tax dollars compared to proactive anti-crime initiatives.

Now i am not for a gun ban, like the libbies proposed as a knee-jerk reaction to the toronto shooting, but i can see the merit in saying "for the good of society" we shall remove certian individual rights.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
An interesting assertion, Ten Packs — I have never styled myself a "spin doctor."

Nonetheless, I was simply stating that, if the Honourable Prime Minister-Designate would take the word of border officers on an appropriate strategy as being, to a degree, sacrosanct, then why should the same not apply where our non-border law enforcement officers are advocating for the retention of the registry?

I am not saying that the registry has been terribly effective — but that is not to say that it has had no effect at all. I doubt there is any way to prove, or to disprove, that the registry has, or has not, saved the lives of anyone in Canada.

karra

Ranter
Jan 3, 2006
here, there, and everywher
I doubt there is any way to prove, or to disprove, that the registry has, or has not, saved the lives of anyone in Canada.
Then why would you support its continuance - unless you also support throwing good money after bad and you don't recognise the partisan politics involved. . . .

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Police support Gun Registry

FiveParadox said:
Nonetheless, I was simply stating that, if the Honourable Prime Minister-Designate would take the word of border officers on an appropriate strategy as being, to a degree, sacrosanct, then why should the same not apply where our non-border law enforcement officers are advocating for the retention of the registry?

You're right - and karra has provided HOW MANY quotes from real honest-to-goodness Police, that it's a joke?

By all means, heed their words.

Citizen

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Re: RE: Police support Gun Re

Ten Packs said:
Thats another good liberal idea - let's buy all teens from poor areas a new Cadillac and a handful of bling - that'll help. This concept of having parents responsible enough to raise you with rules and standards is just SO-O-O archaic - besides,rules are harmful to your "Self-Esteem"!

:lol:

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Toro said:
karra said:
How do you know that. . .

That certainly hasn't been the case in many urban centers here in the United States, such as New York or New Orleans.

And well said above karra, as usual.

yeah, more cops, more people in prisons, and the crime rates...

the underlying problems remain unresolved, and as a result all you get is bigger jails stuffed with people.

A wonderful solution there... just keep locking all of "them" up and you will be rid of crime? dream on!

how about a nice conservative solution: people live in gated communities surrounded by armed protectors! Yes, thats the ticket! Anything to keep the government from taking your money to solve a problem YOU are a part of! More connie whining and bemoaning.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
the caracal kid said:
yeah, more cops, more people in prisons, and the crime rates...

the underlying problems remain unresolved, and as a result all you get is bigger jails stuffed with people.

A wonderful solution there... just keep locking all of "them" up and you will be rid of crime? dream on!

how about a nice conservative solution: people live in gated communities surrounded by armed protectors! Yes, thats the ticket! Anything to keep the government from taking your money to solve a problem YOU are a part of! More connie whining and bemoaning.

"Anything to keep the government from taking your money to solve a problem YOU are a part of!
Anytime I see someone looking to the GOVERNMENT to solve their problems, I know it's a lost cause to attempt any further debate...