PBS George Harison Concert

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
As part of the latest pledge drive,we were offered the 2002 Concert for George,hosted by Eric Clapton and Jeff lynne. As usual,while searching for a reprieve from the American Reality shows with my trusty remote,I found this..and didn't move from my TV for 2 and a half hours! So,on this snowy March 1st,am in a very happy mood from watching many of the greatest musicianson the planet pay tribute to a man whose talents really came into bloom after the breakup of The Beatles.

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
I think it is so great that the Beatles are still very popular today as they were years ago. My favorite band, still today and now my kids enjoy their music (hope thats not dating me too much). I'm still listening and gathering their music (everytime they switch....8 track, 45's, LPs, Cassette, CD.......and so on)
Could you image the music today if they were still all alive and got back together..... Even Ringo Starr can put on a good show (watched on Much More Music and PBS over the last couple of years). http://www.geocities.com/sara1000a/main01.htm is a good site to get Beatle lyrics.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I wish I not missed that, I have not been to happy with pbs lately for blinking to those crazies that vilify cartoon characters :twisted: You know they tried to do the same thing to pbs over a tales of two cites, but they did not blink, and it was one of their highest viewings. I would have liked to have seen it tho.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ringo sang a couple of songs [quite a good singer,really!]George's son was playing guitar right beside Clapton all thru the concert. Billy Preston and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers alo gave stellar performances. My problem with PBS is that this type of show only is aired during pledge season-the rest of the year we get the"Made In Maine" crap.