Pay no attention...

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm not extremely familiar with this incident, but from what I gather, it's much ado about very little. It's Oda's prerogative to direct/overrule her staff, and it's Harper's preorogative to direct/overrule his ministers. EAO's story about Iranian ships in the Suez is far more newsworthy. :)

Then why lie about it before committee.

If this was just a one-off I'd agree it's not that significant but it's not, it's completely consistent with a government that seems bent on being as opaque and free of accountability as possible, please explain to me how that's good for the long-term health of this nation.

You are probably correct, I hate to admit.

It would explain why Harper is backing her so steadfastly, to the detriment of the government.

I doubt, however, that Harper told her to alter signed documents, or to lie to Parliament..........probably her instructions were to kill the funding........a "will nobody rid me of this?" moment......

Oda has to go, now Harper owes us an apology.

As usual, Rex Murphy is dead-on,

Rex Murphy: Mrs. Harper, your boy has an attitude problem | Full Comment | National Post

I wish more conservatives had as much integrity as you, then the thought of Harper with a majority wouldn't scare me as much.

Think of "there's a nasty Oda in the room".

It's probably PC incorrect but I think Yakuza every time I see her on TV, it's probably the shades.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Paraphrasing here. Keith Beardsley (ex Harper deputy) of True North Public affairs was interviewed by Jerry Agar of CFRB and supposedly the question that was asked by the committee to Oda was "do you know who altered the document?" & she said no which according to Beardsley was not a lie. Oda could have advised her chief of staff to have it done & not known which of the elves did it. Splitting hairs eh, kind of equates to Clinton's statement about "is"