One good law.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
OK, Im butting in-- both!

Get the grammer right and head for Montreal and talk, talk, talk!

Hang out in Old Montreal/Vieux Montreal-- youll have a blast and make friends and you'll learn more in a weekend than you thought possible!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hang out in old montreal. 8O I happen to be of the class known as "bourgeois" be nice to just hop on a plane from one end of Canada to another to learn french, but unfortuneately I have to support myself with employment, unless of course I happen upon a sugar daddy, than I would be nouveau riche. Maybe one that speaks french.

Although I did meet a very nice couple from montreal on a recent whale watching trip. They just moved here, so maybe they would consider having me for the weekend :D otherwise it will have to be either software or a class. Adieu

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
peapod said:
I have a question for numere if he does not mind. If I were to try and learn french would he recommend software or a class?

Head for your local University ;) Honestly though, I don't know of any software to learn French. I never had to learn french that way heh. I used software to learn english though :S

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
There are, I believe, maybe four places in Columbus that are designated for U-turns. Once in every two weeks or so, I find it convenient to make one. I always look carefully around before I do. If I could pass one law in Columbus, it would be to remove the prohibition against U-turns, except where it might be just inherently dangerous. It's like the right-turn-on-red, if people do it responsibly, there isn't a problem. There are always knuckleheads. I am fond of laws that demonstrate a little faith on the part of government in the good sense and good intentions of the people.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
I'd ban starbucks.

Not that i have anything against starbucks, but I'd like to get on to at least one bandwagon.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
American Voice said:
It's like the right-turn-on-red, if people do it responsibly, there isn't a problem.

This reminds me of a hilarious Quebecois video I have, a parody of the 'I. Am. Canadian advertisement. At one point he says, 'Maybe we CAN'T turn right on a red light, but tabernac, we can go right THROUGH it!' Cracks me up every time I think of that line.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Thats funny.

I saved the Molsons rant-- every now and then I play it-- keeps me anchored!