New Apple I-pad mini

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Clients of mine gave me this wonderful gadget. Never used one before so it is a bit of a learning curve. Just getting on the net was a challenge but with the help of an Apple user friend we finally worked out all the kinks and got connected.

My friend suggested I get an external keyboard for the I-pad and was wondering if anyone here with a similar device thinks it is a worthwhile purchase. Already bought a hard case and transparent screen cover for it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I had a keyboard, the only time I really used it was when working with spread sheets or writing larger reports. It's a personal preference.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I had a keyboard, the only time I really used it was when working with spread sheets or writing larger reports. It's a personal preference.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your remarks, gerry. The reason my friend suggested the external keyboard was to make it easier for me to send emails with photos to my clients regarding any damage done by guests in the cottage. I'll see how it goes without one then make up my mind. Thanks again for your input.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for your remarks, gerry. The reason my friend suggested the external keyboard was to make it easier for me to send emails with photos to my clients regarding any damage done by guests in the cottage. I'll see how it goes without one then make up my mind. Thanks again for your input.

Think of it as a large iphone.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Where the hell do you live? 1976 bumfu ck Arkansas?

Eagle Creek, BC. The nearest cell tower is approximately 40 klicks away in Forest Grove. No company is interested in erecting towers in our area due to the mountainous terrain necessitating several of them in order for all areas to be covered. At least that is what Telus and others keep telling us.

I'll bet you they have service in bumf ck Arkansas. LOL

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
This i-pad is a real learning curve. Had to take photos today as the last guests had a dog that caused some damage to pillows and curtains in my friends cottage (which I clean for them). I was given the i-pad specifically for that reason. So I took photos - lots of them which was not my intent but I now realize that I have to be careful when using the photo button or I will spend a lot of time deleting - as I did today. That was all well and good.

Then it came time to send the photos by email to my friends. After over an hour of no luck connecting to Google - I gave up with that method. But I am a stubborn old witch so I went online for help. I came across a site that walked me through connecting my i-pad to my laptop with I-tunes but it was too complicated and too lengthy. As I was reading through the comments, I came across the solution. If it's only photos I want to download, I simply connect my i-pad to my laptop - download a program - find the Apple i-pad in my devices - open it and there were my photos. Save them to my desktop then inserted them in an email and away they went.

My friends were so happy that I was able to send them as they will now be able to ding the last guests for damages. This is a high-end cottage. It leases for $4300/week. It is full of very expensive furniture and furnishings and guests are told when they make the booking was is and is not allowed and that they are responsible for all damages - so it is not like they can say they weren't warned.

Am going to another friend's place on Wednesday to get some more tips on using the i-pad and getting connected to Google.