My Latest to Audiobook

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well, I have just seen the last of my four books go to audio book. I think this was the thing I found most fascinating about the whole process. Because inside my head or even your head, should you choose to afford me the space, a voice significant to your interpretation of the written word and how it sounds rests with your imagination. For the record, my books are The Equinox, Acadia Event, Highwayman, and FOUR. And I'd be a lying sack if I denied I would like each and everyone of you to grab a copy, but would be delusional if I expected you to.

I started out with horror called The Equinox, and that gained enough acceptance for me to take a kick at the syfy horror in Acadia Event. Acadia Event caught the eye of Star Trek Voyager and SyFy Channel screenwriter, Gregory Norris, who called it, An epic page turner! I won't deny it, I was pretty jacked.

And though I never got rich, I kept going. Setting up my laptop on a truck steering wheel, in a restaurant, wherever I could get a little time to write. Three of my books were written on top of a truck steering wheel, in the little down time I had. It hasn't been easy, pulling long days and trying to get a book out there. But I kept going, and began writing a crime thriller, called Highwayman, which became the unintended launch of series of undetermined length or size. The followup was Highwayman book, FOUR is the conclusion of the Highwayman story, but it is hardly the end of the series. As I write this I am working on a brand new Highwayman book which will see returning characters, but with new killers on the road. A pair nicknamed, The Ice Cream Men. FBI Agent Maxwell brings his team to Michigan where impounded cars reveal a secret of missing woman. I'll leave it there.

I'm posting this here, because I know that Andem will have no problem with it. If you dig reading in the darker corners of literature, I invite you to check me out. I do this for readers, they are why I write, without them, my story is homeless. This is a tough gig folks, and I need all the help I can to get the word out there. So, if you feel inclined, I thank you for listening. If not, thank you for your time.​

http://mjpreston.net

MJBanner5.jpg

Reactions: petros