Most annoying noise at nighttime!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey ten pack, the name does not ring a bell, but I will ask some friends I still have from Port Hardy days, one that lived in coal harbour. I lived in Port hardy in the early 70's my father had a contract with M&B for road building, but it was just after Utah mines opened. The klondike goldrush...I like to think of it, or what it must of been like, to be in the middle of a gold rush. It's unbelievable to be right in the middle of a boom town, Extrodinary.!! Money flows like a river, all of a sudden there are 500 guys to every female in town....ha ha ha ha oh the bullshit they floated around the town was thick as any old Port Hardy fog. Seriously ladies, if you should ever find yourself in the middle of a boom town you will find out exactly whats its like to be say...the last women on the planet :p ..or a big chinook salmon, or a piece of prime rib. :lol: It was the land of the midnight sun and miners, well miners are definately a different breed from loggers and fishermen, which is what Port Hardy was before Utah mines. There were three distinct societies in Port Hardy actually 4 if count the native population.

sometimes these distinct societies would have to much beer at the seagate hotel on friday night and the fights became legends.
The place was wild, the people that lived there were right out of twin peaks, combine this with some of the wildest pristine nature and lots of good fishing and you get once in a lifetime experience. I loved Port Hardy and the people that lived there.

Even now every once in awhile I run into somebody that lived in Port Hardy during the goldrush, we all have this weird kind of bond from having experienced the place....But I will ask about your friend ten paks.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey ten pack, the name does not ring a bell, but I will ask some friends I still have from Port Hardy days, one that lived in coal harbour. I lived in Port hardy in the early 70's my father had a contract with M&B for road building, but it was just after Utah mines opened. The klondike goldrush...I like to think of it, or what it must of been like, to be in the middle of a gold rush. It's unbelievable to be right in the middle of a boom town, Extrodinary.!! Money flows like a river, all of a sudden there are 500 guys to every female in town....ha ha ha ha oh the bullshit they floated around the town was thick as any old Port Hardy fog. Seriously ladies, if you should ever find yourself in the middle of a boom town you will find out exactly whats its like to be say...the last women on the planet :p ..or a big chinook salmon, or a piece of prime rib. :lol: It was the land of the midnight sun and miners, well miners are definately a different breed from loggers and fishermen, which is what Port Hardy was before Utah mines. There were three distinct societies in Port Hardy actually 4 if count the native population.

sometimes these distinct societies would have to much beer at the seagate hotel on friday night and the fights became legends.
The place was wild, the people that lived there were right out of twin peaks, combine this with some of the wildest pristine nature and lots of good fishing and you get once in a lifetime experience. I loved Port Hardy and the people that lived there.

Even now every once in awhile I run into somebody that lived in Port Hardy during the goldrush, we all have this weird kind of bond from having experienced the place....But I will ask about your friend ten paks.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
peapod - it would have been the late 70 and the 80's - he worked there until the mine shut down. He was working at Endako mine near Fort St James, before that. Drove ElectraHauls.

Your Coal Harbour friend might remember when his wife (Shawna, I think) died in a mobile home fire, ten or so years ago.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
peapod - it would have been the late 70 and the 80's - he worked there until the mine shut down. He was working at Endako mine near Fort St James, before that. Drove ElectraHauls.

Your Coal Harbour friend might remember when his wife (Shawna, I think) died in a mobile home fire, ten or so years ago.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

aupook

Nominee Member
Dec 8, 2004
Starbucks
Hoi worst night noises is listening to my neighbour of 53 with his new child bride a young women of 32, young enough to make love to him, and old enough to shout out instructions.

aupook

Nominee Member
Dec 8, 2004
Starbucks
Hoi worst night noises is listening to my neighbour of 53 with his new child bride a young women of 32, young enough to make love to him, and old enough to shout out instructions.

aupook

Nominee Member
Dec 8, 2004
Starbucks

Karen

aupook said:

mwahahahahah too funny. Have you every stood outside the next morning with score cards? That might cure the noise.

Karen

Karen

aupook said:

mwahahahahah too funny. Have you every stood outside the next morning with score cards? That might cure the noise.

Karen

Karen

aupook said:

Karen

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ten pack I was not living in Port Hardy at that time, but I will ask some port hardyites. Electra Hauls, I had a ride in one of those at Utah mines. 8O Did you know that the mine pit is now a man made lake. Someone told me its the deepest man made lake in the world, half fresh, and half salt.
Coal harbour was a very small place, and it was all trailers :lol: when I was there, but they did have a spectular abandon whaling station you could wander the buildings, and actually find whale bones on the property.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ten pack I was not living in Port Hardy at that time, but I will ask some port hardyites. Electra Hauls, I had a ride in one of those at Utah mines. 8O Did you know that the mine pit is now a man made lake. Someone told me its the deepest man made lake in the world, half fresh, and half salt.
Coal harbour was a very small place, and it was all trailers :lol: when I was there, but they did have a spectular abandon whaling station you could wander the buildings, and actually find whale bones on the property.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
aupook said:

Wait a sec - I'm 53! - Damn, this sounds like a Helluva concept!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
aupook said:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
aupook said: