Meat Drinks

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Combining my two favourite things in life... booze and meat.:eek:ccasion5:

http://www.onmylist.com/category/food_drink/Meat_Drinks_1

Introduction

Drinks are good. Meat is good. Combining meat and drinks together? Now that's just rad as hell!

Know any other good meat oriented drinks? Comment below and I'll try them out as soon as I can.

(I had to make concessions to shellfish being meat. This could be debatable I suppose.)

The Which Came First?

Awesome name!! This is a redneck hangover cure from hell. But it works. A permutation of the classic prairie oyster shot with a spicy ass wing on top. Eat the wing first and them slam the drink. HOOO YA MUTHA!!! That's the shiznit!

* 1 spicy ass wing
* 1 whole egg
* 1 ounce vodka
* 2 dashes of vinegar
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon ketchup
* 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce

Mix everything together except the egg. Then crack the egg on top. Add a pinch on salt and pepper. SLAM!

The Bourbon and Blood (AKA the Charles Bronson)

( www.makersmark.com/AgeCheck.aspx?redir=%2fDefault… )
I didn't believe this one really existed at first until I saw it at a bar in Maine. Leave it to the Mainiacs. Seems that some people prefer to have the meat seared first which actually leads to more bloody juice seeping into the bourbon. You can actually do this one one the rocks or not. From personal experience I would recommend filet mignon, salt and pepper, lightly seared, and straight. I also like makers mark or Bookers with this particular drink since the slight sweetness really pays off with the meat juice combo. I like one drink, and then popping the meat, and then finishing the drink leisurely.

The ultimate man drink!

Classic Oyster Shooter

Lots of permutations on this one. Make sure to get the oyster jus in the mix. Its the essence of the shot.

* Dash of red Tabasco
* Dash of green Tabasco
* Dash of cocktail sauce
* Dash of horseradish
* 1 ounce vodka
* 1 fresh, cold oyster
* Wedge of lemon

The Bloody Rib

This is actually more of a regular Bloody Mary with a rib bone stirrer. It's a permutation of the Bloody Bull which has a beef bullion cube included. I said "bull****!" to the bullion and added some real beef! Genius. To paraphrase, in the Bloody Rib you get your beef and get to eat it too. The smoked nature of the rib meat and the bone lends and awesome flavor to the Mary. You basically get a rib on the side (beef with dry rub seem to work the best) eat the rib and then drop the bone into the Bloody Mary for a Bloody Rib. Here's my recipe but feel free to improvise.

* 2 ounces vodka
* 4 ounces tomato juice
* 1/2 teaspoon good horseradish
* 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
* 3 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
* Pinch of freshly ground pepper
* 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
* Pinch of celery salt or seeds, crushed
* Wedges of lemon and lime
* 1 dry rubbed beef rib

Spicy Shrimp Tequila-Tini

( www.herradura.com/ )
Spicy shrimp and tequila go together wonderfully. In this version I actually like to dip the shrimp into the tequila and then chase it with a pull off the tequila drink. I prefer Herradura Hornitos with this particular version. You can make the shrimp simply by coating them in Emeril's Cajun Seasoning. I like to add a touch of habanero powder as well.

* 2 oz. of Herradura Hornitos Tequila
* 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
* 1 lime circle

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I have had Caesars with pepperoni sticks before, which was alright. A beef rib in a Caesar would be decadent though.

I think I am going to invent some drink that will have a slab of prime rib in it.... prime rib moosehead...mmmm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Mmmm...

revolting at first glance, but, ceasars are essentially tomato and meat juice, and they're my fave drink, so I guess I can't say much.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
no, ground round is vegetarian stuff. Makes awesome taco's and such...I'm not a big meat eater....I opt for vegetarian whenever possible....

Not to mention, ground round tends to be cheaper than beef when you buy it in the big packages.

We don't buy ground meat anymore unless it's for tourtiere.