Man claims he found shrimp tails in a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'CROSS-CONTAMINATION': Man claims he found shrimp tails in a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
A Los Angeles comedian and writer found the mystery prize in his cereal

Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Mar 24, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Jensen Karp shared this image of what appears to be shrimp tails among his bag of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal on Twitter
Jensen Karp shared this image of what appears to be shrimp tails among his bag of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal on Twitter PHOTO BY JENSEN KARP /Twitter
Article content
How did the shrimp tails get in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box?

That’s one question that a Los Angeles comedian and writer asked the cereal maker when he found what appeared to be the remnants of crustaceans in his box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

“Ummmm @CTCSquares – why are there shrimp tails in my cereal? (This is not a bit),” Jensen Karp tweeted Monday afternoon, tagging the General Mills-owned brand, alongside a photo of what looks like two sugar-coated shrimp tails.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
About an hour later, Cinnamon Toast Crunch responded to the tweet: “We’re sorry to see what you found! We would like to report this to our quality team and replace the box. Can you please send us a DM to collect more details? Thanks!”

Karp then joked that he wasn’t sure he was ready for another box.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The company said they’d investigate, but in a subsequent tweet told Karp that the image “appears to be an accumulation of the cinnamon sugar” and that “there’s no possibility of cross contamination with shrimp.”

The dismissive response appeared to infuriate Karp.

“Ok, we’ll after further investigation with my eyes, these are cinnamon coated SHRIMP TAILS, you weirdos,” Karp tweeted, alongside two close-up images of the crusty mystery items, adding, “I wasn’t all that mad until you now tried to gaslight me?”

Ok, we’ll after further investigation with my eyes, these are cinnamon coated SHRIMP TAILS, you weirdos. I wasn’t all that mad until you now tried to gaslight me? https://t.co/7DmADmoqUt pic.twitter.com/rSLE60pvoy

— Jensen Karp (@JensenKarp) March 22, 2021
Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Karp told Slate that decided to take a closer look at his bag of cereal after talking with a friend and found more questionable objects, which included a string, cereal squares with black marks.

Karp said the Cinnamon Toast Crunch was purchased at a Costco in Woodland Hills, Calif., on Saturday.

He said his wife, actress Danielle Fishel, checked the another bag and found what appeared to be dental floss, adding that the bag may have been tampered with as one end of the bag was taped up.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
General Mills said in a statement the company said it’s still investigating the matter, “but could say with confidence that this did not occur at our facility.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
It also advised customers to contact them if they notice their cereal box or bag has been tampered with.

Unfortunately, the ordeal has left a bad taste in Karp’s mouth.

“I’ll never eat it again,” the self-proclaimed Cinnamon Toast Crunch fan told Slate.
1616700691610.png