Made-in-Ontario nuclear power

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
Politicians must make a decision. It appears that Rome is burning while Nero fiddles.

CBC Radio- 23 Dec 2005: Toronto is facing rotating blackouts within the next two years unless power generating capacity is added with more transmission lines.
Durgan.

"Opposition to nuclear energy is based on irrational fear fed by Hollywood-style fiction, the Green lobbies, and the media. … Even if they were right about its dangers - and they are not - its worldwide use as our main source of energy would pose an insignificant threat compared with the dangers of intolerable and lethal heat waves and sea levels rising to drown every coastal city of the world. We have no time to experiment with visionary energy sources; civilization is in imminent danger and has to use nuclear, the one safe, available energy source, now, or suffer the pain soon to be inflicted by our outraged planet." - From the London Independent – May, 2004

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
Re: RE: Made-in-Ontario nucle

Neodim said:
http://www.blackhole.on.ca/nuclear.htm

Quite a link. It addresses many issues. Probably a bit hysterical in some cases.

It would be enlightening if some-one with advanced knowledge of nuclear reactors could and would respond in great detail. Is any-one aware of a link that take the oppossing side of the many items mentioned in the link?

I suggest many of the issues have and will be addressed with current technology.

Certainly China has to accept this option. They have no choice.

The risks are apparent, but so if life. It is risks that have to be balanced against insufficient electic power generation.

All said and one, I see no viable alternative to the use of Nuclear Power.

We are in a situation which calls for: Damm the torpedeos, full speed ahead.

Durgan.

Neodim

Nominee Member
RE: Made-in-Ontario nucle

Consider Chernobyl.

30km around is a Dead Zone for next 50,000 years or so.

Consider Pickering. Downtown Toronto is not quite 30 km away! Serious accident is just a matter of time. Having no other choice at the moment BUT to use nuklear power must have SERIOUS safety considerations. Definitely , not building it NEXT to a MEGAcity. It is a crime. With tens of thousands dead and millions forced to move away ... sometime in the future ... when current politicians will be spending their leasuire far far away .. who will be there to held responsible ?

Prevention works the best. Dont think about yourselves but think about your children.

Last year Canada pulled out of international effort in creating commercial thermonuclear fusion reactor ( ITER http://iter.org)
... So much for its 'technologically advanced' strategy!

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Re: RE: Made-in-Ontario nuclear power

Durgan said:
bevvyd said:
And your 'notlong.com' links are any better?

Read them in detail. At least there are some facts with less pure bullshit.
Durgan.

Sorry Durgan, but the credibility of the site leaves a whole lot to be desired, IMO. If you have anything else I'd be more than happy to check it out.

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
Re: RE: Made-in-Ontario nuclear power

bevvyd said:
Durgan said:
bevvyd said:
And your 'notlong.com' links are any better?

Read them in detail. At least there are some facts with less pure bullshit.
Durgan.

Sorry Durgan, but the credibility of the site leaves a whole lot to be desired, IMO. If you have anything else I'd be more than happy to check it out.

Try the link by Neodim wrote: This link mentions almost everything discussed in this thread in a most colourful manner.
Neodim wrote:

I am beginning to think you have difficulty reading let alone comprehending. You have contributed nothing to this thread except the most shallow comments, and I am being kind.

Durgan.