Low Fat Recipes

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Fruit is nature's candy. Lots of water soluble fiber, vitamin C and natural unrefined sugars. I got strawberries, raspberries, apples, bannanas, pineapple, mango, pears and oranges in my fridge. Water soluble fiber bonds with bile to help flush excess cholesterol out. Vitamin C is an anti-oxident. Gets rid of cancer causing free radicals and helps artery walls stay thin and supple.

For you guys out there I got laid the other month based on my serving strawberries and fat free evap milk when a lady friend came over for a dinner date. That was the clincher I guess. So you can bet strawberries will ALWAYS be found in my fridge.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
Fruit is nature's candy. Lots of water soluble fiber, vitamin C and natural unrefined sugars. I got strawberries, raspberries, apples, bannanas, pineapple, mango, pears and oranges in my fridge. Water soluble fiber bonds with bile to help flush excess cholesterol out. Vitamin C is an anti-oxident. Gets rid of cancer causing free radicals and helps artery walls stay thin and supple.

For you guys out there I got laid the other month based on my serving strawberries and fat free evap milk when a lady friend came over for a dinner date. That was the clincher I guess. So you can bet strawberries will ALWAYS be found in my fridge.

LOL... men.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOL hmmm I'll have to remember that the next time Im served strawberries at a gentleman friends house.....he just looking to get laid. LOL Sweetheart? I am really positive it wasnt your strawberries that did it ;)

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Much appreciated ladies. Keep em coming. :)

Lasses becareful the next thing ya know we'll be stir frying his food in a wok for him.:laughing7:
Rom one thing to be really careful of is prepackaged food, if it comes in a box or a can or it's a frozen meal chances are it's not good for you. The package may say low fat but it's the sodium and perservatives that will kill you, check out a can of veggies freaking scary. The same goes for packaged dry and frozen food, fresh is best. Sorry but it's true. However Sea Salt you can have, so buy a package of it and use a pepper mill to grind it and you can use it at will. I curious about no eggs or real butter thou, the new studies have proven that eggs are "Rich in Omega 3 fatty acid" which is good for your heart so eggs (Yolk) should not be on the no eat list. Real butter is much better for you than that low fat man made crap that taste like water, I think the Docs. have been slow updating the list on what you can have and what you can't have? Opps I dropped my potatoe chip on the floor, no harm no foul I just dusted off the dog hair.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
lol I do have a wok I bought that I haven't had a chance to try yet. Volunteers? I got some Thai and Vietnamese stir fry recipes that include carrots and peas. Fried and steamed rice are featured. With curry and asian chillies making an appearance. Chicken and pork is called for. Should give it a try this weekend. I experiment with new stuff on weekends when I got time to toss it all out if it don't work and try again. It is important NOT to try new recipes on others. Get it right first then spring it on them.

There is nothing preprepared in my house any more. Some low fat soups maybe in cans. The diet is low fat no salt added. Salt ok to cook with as it breaks down in cooking. Just no salt when served. I got NO SALT for seasoning after. I think it is pottassium chloride not sodium iodine. I do have sea salt for seasoning meats before cooking. It's a genetic thing. My liver produces way to much cholesterol and fat stimulates it's production. There are good fats and bad fats. The saturated and trans fats are bad. Most others are good fats. Naturel has Omega 3 eggs. I think they feed flax seed to their chickens. See my post in Selfactivated's Dinning Alone for a list of what is in my freezer. The Joy of Cooking says all veggies contain all required nutrients and vitamins. So a limited scope of veggies is not too bad. Some veggies contain extra or more of some things but as long as you eat some veggies you are not missing out. Just gets a little boring sometimes. Before HA did not care. Could go without veggies for days and not think twice. When I do my carrots, peas, corn or cauliflower they swamp plate and bury any meat on it.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
You've been hanging around Canadians too long your starting to talk like one, eh. Having them all together saves time. Should be able to gleen a few recipes outta the bunch. My favourite pies are apple and mincemeat. Jack Kerouac says you can live on black coffee and apple pie. Who am I to argue. My mum made the best mincemeat pies. My dad's second wife had to search high and low through my mum's friends to find the recipe she used and lots of practice to get it tasting exactly right. Chocolate cake is not a luxury, it is a necessity. I would rather die than live without some sort of chocolate fix. I can do without booze, cigarettes and maybe (?) pot but I gotta have chocolate. If you can bake you can do anything, culinary arts wise.