Lost in the Ozone Again

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Am I the ONLY one who sometimes gets lost in here, missing posts right left and center, especially when it is busy like this?

May I just make a formal announcement: If I don't answer a post that is directed at me, forgive me for I am lost. I am staggering up and down the aisles in here, checking the labels but still not finding everything.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
I'm still looking for the button that makes the font size bigger. I know, I know, I'm at risk for becoming a bore, but maybe :wink: if I complain long enough, something will be done?

As for missing replies, don't worry about it, Haggis. Relax. A large part of the charm of the games for me is the occasional randomness. Makes me remember we're a whole group. Now that I am getting to know some of the personalities, I enjoy the way people just breeze in and out. Those occasions when two people monopolize a thread--I've done it--are interesting reading, too. We are at a party, and this house is big with many rooms.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Just use Topic Reply Notification. It sends you an email when there's a new reply to your thread(s) or posts. It's checked by default, so you can uncheck it if you want.

(Thread moved to Community Support)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
No, no, I do know about that feature. I am speaking more of a brain malfunction. My brain preferences are specifically set to remember that I want to respond to a person's post, yet when the time comes to do so, the program freezes. Not one single thought comes out as to who, what, when, where, why.

'Reboot' it says, which I do with a glass of weissbier, but to no avail. The missing information is gone, pure and simple.

I just need to install the latest brain upgrade, that'll probably help.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
You're right about that. This Microsoft product running in there now sucks. It keeps running subliminal Bill-Gates-Is-Love messages late at night. I'm afraid to go to sleep, afraid I'll wake up wearing geeky glasses and stealing ideas from Steve Jobs.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Gee.

I thought you were just ignoring me.

Hang in there, haggis-- it'll get better, I promise.

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Haggis,

When you think of something, and are about to leave the forum, you could always send a PM to yourself, so when you return, you remember to do that. Perhaps this will help you and your brain - Haggis' Brain, v 2.0 . :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Ginger_Ale said:
Haggis,

When you think of something, and are about to leave the forum, you could always send a PM to yourself, so when you return, you remember to do that. Perhaps this will help you and your brain - Haggis' Brain, v 2.0 . :)

That's not a bad idea, Ginger Ale. Even v 2.0 can handle that, and heck, I'm running on beta v 2.5.1 so it should be a snap. :cool: