Limit to Registered Posting only

Administration

Administrator
Mar 24, 2002
Montreal
Dear all users,

An idea has popped up to limit posting to Registered users only. The reason why the idea came up was because there are so many Guest posts which might be out of order. It's impossible to tell who's making guest posts, especially if they don't use a name when posting anonymous.

Would you support this idea?
Please let us know in this thread.

Regards,

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
If you support the idea, please post here with your thoughts. Same with if you don't support the idea.

If it's privacy related. Please remember that Canadian Content DOES NOT release any information what-so-ever to any third parties and your email address is used only for the board. Passwords are also encrypted, so there's no need to worry about that.

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
As Canadian Content grows, I think it has enough users to keep posting without guest posting. I like the idea.

Prometheus

Electoral Member
Jul 12, 2003
Eastern USA
It seems that most guests just want to flame or complain. Or as mentioned, someone forgetting to log in. The strong majority of quality posts come from regged users.

If someone wants to complain or flame that's fine, let them register to do so. Don't hide behind the label "guest".

It might also help with the spam issue. So I am all for the idea.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I believe we're going to go ahead with it soon. Just going to get a couple more OKs from staff.