Liberal Broadband Investment

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
J.T. tossing $750 million to increase high speed wireless services for remote communities.

Curious if this means he/we pay for the infrastructure that allows Internet service providers to access more $90/month customers. Public access to media that was once a free service is no longer free.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
$600 million to Telesat for low orbiting satellites announced today. Not sure if this is additional funding or included in the $750 mentioned earlier this week.

Sounds like Telesat is a private company so for the government to invest directly is a bit sketchy.

Also understand that high speed wireless has been designated as critical infrastructure although it has worked to the ISP's advantage at $90/month. Basically the same pay and say nothing as property taxes.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Thinking more about high speed wireless being deemed as an essential service and wonder to whom is it more essential.

Free world or controlled messaging to spread rumour and doubt. I never know what to believe.

Could be something to the simpler time and place of days gone by. Might be okay if big brother was for the people but I don't think it is.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Thinking more about high speed wireless being deemed as an essential service and wonder to whom is it more essential.

Free world or controlled messaging to spread rumour and doubt. I never know what to believe.

Could be something to the simpler time and place of days gone by. Might be okay if big brother was for the people but I don't think it is.
From December 2016

Today the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) decided that high-speed internet should be deemed an essential service for all Canadians. They will invest up to $750-million over five years in expanding broadband access to remote parts of the country.

So the $750 over five years did not get it done and in the past week they have announced another $750 million to be spent.

The planning is glorious. Organization and leadership is poor and control is non-existent.

Sad part is Canadians pay top dollar for the incompetence.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Story in the news today about the low earth orbit satellite plan.

Apparently they are all in with Telesat and helping with the heavy front loaded expenses to the tune of $600 million with expectations of a 2022 rollout.

Meanwhile they have already approved the same plan for Elon Musk without giving up the boat load of cash.

Then there is the part about Rogers, Shaw, and Bell generating huge revenues related to supplying a captive market with an essential service.

I really doubt if this is designed to ever be a free service. Doug Ford did say $10/month during the campaign which has never been mentioned agqain.

But they are doing it for the people who are likely already better off not having exposure to the glpbal propaganda.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
The CPPIB is an independent organization that manages the CPP fund on behalf of nearly 20 million contributors or pensioners. You can follow the fund manager’s lead and include the telecom giant BCE (TSX:BCE)(NYSE: BCE) in your retirement portfolio.

At least Trudeau is supporting his investments. Next will be a new law stating everyone must go to Legoland.