Legault pushing to allow larger crowds at Bell Center

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
The government should definitely increase capacity at the Bell Center to at least 18,000 fans in order to allow for an even playing field. Otherwise, the Golden Knights have the clear advantage due to the significantly higher number of fans cheering them on.

The Vegas Golden Knights, the Canadiens’ opponent, don’t have the same capacity limitation and are playing in front of more than 18,000 fans at T-Mobile Arena. Legault said Montreal’s crowd capacity at the Bell Centre gives Vegas a stronger home advantage.
Quebec Government pushing to have larger crowds at Bell Center

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I hope the Canadiens lose in 4. And they shouldn't be the ones to complain about non-level playing field after they had fans and both Winnipeg and Toronto were not allowed (except for game 7 in Toronto).

Reactions: petros

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I’m not a Canadians fan, not by any means (despite me living in MTL). However if the feds think it’s ok to bend the rules and bypass the 14 day quarantine requirement in order to accommodate the Golden Knights players, then why would it not be ok to bend the rules to allow a full capacity crowd at the Bell Center?

It’s ok to bend the rules to benefit the Golden Knights, but not ok to bend the rules to Benefit the Canadiens?