King tells Starmer: "Tackle knife crime"

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
986fcc790d9cf913564498ac483484f1Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzIwODc5MDMx-2.76825762.jpg

In a meeting with Prime Minister Keir Starmer, 61, and members of his new Labour Government (including Home Secretary Yvette Cooper) and actor Idris Elba, King Charles III, 75, spoke of his desire for them to tackle knife crime, so prevalent in the nation's big cities.

"You have the right to push us", Starmer told His Majesty.

The Head of State and the Head of Government met at St James's Palace in London to discuss pressing issues in Britain in 2024.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Mass deportations would probably help.

Fat chance under a Labour Government.

But that's what we voted for and democracy shall prevail. I just hope it will be such a shitfest that Farage and his Reform UK party win the 2029 election.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ban knives.

It's illegal in Britain for under 18s to buy knives.

Knives aren't as lethal as firearms. In order to stab someone you have to be just feet away from them, whereas you can shoot someone from a fair distance.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's illegal in Britain for under 18s to buy knives.

Knives aren't as lethal as firearms. In order to stab someone you have to be just feet away from them, whereas you can shoot someone from a fair distance.
Well, if your thesis is "anything less lethal than something else should be allowed," then guns should be allowed because they're less lethal than nuclear weapons.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Well, if your thesis is "anything less lethal than something else should be allowed," then guns should be allowed because they're less lethal than nuclear weapons.

Guns are currently killing a lot more people on this planet than nuclear weapons are.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You're presenting that as evidence that nuclear weapons are less lethal than gun?

OK. I think the Fairy King is calling you.

Well knives are more lethal than nukes are in terms of the number of injuries and fatalities they cause.

Similarly a mosquito is more lethal than a lion.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Right. I forgot for a moment that you're an imbecile.

I can see when you're losing an argument. I've known you for years.

Remember, Mr T, that the world's deadliest animal is not the lion or the tiger or alligator. The world's deadliest animal is the mosquito.

Similarly, the blade is deadlier than the nuke.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I can see when you're losing an argument. I've known you for years.

Remember, Mr T, that the world's deadliest animal is not the lion or the tiger or alligator. The world's deadliest animal is the mosquito.

Similarly, the blade is deadlier than the nuke.
"Lethality" is ability to kill, not number killed.

If you'd paid attention in school you'd know that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
"Lethality" is ability to kill, not number killed.

If you'd paid attention in school you'd know that.

That's just wordplay.

In terms of actual numbers of deaths then knives are deadlier.

Knives are being used to kill more people than nukes are. That's why the King wants the Government to tackle knife crime and not nuke crime.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's just wordplay.

In terms of actual numbers of deaths then knives are deadlier.

Knives are being used to kill more people than nukes are. That's why the King wants the Government to tackle knife crime and not nuke crime.
Or, as people like to say, "Oh, that's just semantics!" Precisely. Words have meanings.

Sounds like knives should be banned and private ownership of nukes should be allowed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What I have been saying.. 100%

But those who are illegal, economic asylum seekers, criminal records..

I mean the government should vet really well.. keep engineers, doctors..

Shocking or maybe not.. many foreign doctors and engineers are driving taxi in the USA
Happening in Canada too. One of my favourite pizza places was a franchisee store owned by a really nice Iranian gentleman. He was a structural engineer by trade. He was "qualified" to work in his field here, but when he got here, he learned he wasn't "certified" to work in his field here. Dude did make a killer pizza though.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What I have been saying.. 100%

But those who are illegal, economic asylum seekers, criminal records..

I mean the government should vet really well.. keep engineers, doctors..

Shocking or maybe not.. many foreign doctors and engineers are driving taxi in the USA
How many? You being so informed and all.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
How many? You being so informed and all.

It has something to do with the equivalency in education standards.

I believe they are trying to change this in Canada.

1. Poor grasp of the English language
  2. Poor training in their home schools
  3. Mismatched training - you may have seen 10,000 cases of malaria but that is not what we need in US!
  4. Length of training needed to become productive - if you are 40 years old and need 5 years of training to become a doctor (during which time you cannot earn anything), it may not be worth it

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
24da1f70-3f46-11ef-ac19-7f64b6c93fb1.jpg

Starmer meets Biden at the White House.

One's incoming and the other's outgoing. One's starting probably a lengthy career as PM and the other will likely be dead as the other is still PM.

They seemed so lovey dovey, as previous British and American leaders have been: Churchill/Roosevelt, Thatcher/Reagan, Blair/Bush.

This warm relationship won't last long. It would be interesting to see how Starmer gets on when Farage's pal Trump becomes President again.

Last edited: