Israel: 5000$ reward for killing gays

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: RE: Israel: 5000$ reward for killing gays

tamarin said:
Another gay thread. I wish they'd just shut up. So when is the Straight Parade being held?
It wasn't a "gay" who threw this thread up, tamarin, so park it and play nice or get out.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Just to interject here for a moment. As this thread may have been made wrong and the points being brought up have been confused by both sides. I would only like to add, That there is indeed a difference between being Anti-Zionist and Anti-semitic.

Zionism is the movement of White Western-Europeans claiming Jewish ancestry with usually strong Nationalist beliefs towards Isreal and a sence of menifest dystiny over current lands of Isreal and those of nabouring nations and sometimes even all of the fertile cresent. Zionism in the past 200 years have also resulted in many acts of terrorism by different groups. Of course Zionism is not always extreme and like any belief you have your moderates and fanatics.

To be Anti Zionist is to be against the imperalist beliefs of Zionists. Of course you can be a moderate anti Zionist and believe in mutual peace and the existence of Isreal, but be against the imperalist idea's of the Zionist fanatics. Or you could be a fantic and believe that Isreal itself is an extention of Western European imperalism and thus a creation of that would after ww2 with white european immigration and the destruction of the arab homelands in the region.

anti semitism however is the intoleraance or hatred of the jewish people based on religion/race. Believing you are superior to them.

Two very different things. Though it is easy for a Fanatic on the Zionist side to be Anti-semitic, and that of a extremist Zionist to be Anti-Arabic.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Mogz said:
Machjo said:
Interesting... The Jewish Faith wasn't mentionned once in the article. So before we claim anti-semitism, could we please point out just where exactly did the article attack Judaism.

Thanks a million.

Actually aeon is an anti-semite, there's no way to sugar coat it.

I don't know. I haven't paid enough attention to that. If so, then fair enough. What I do know, hoever, is that many people confound Judaism, Hebrew ethnicity, the Hebrew language, the state of Israel and Zionism.

In my mind, they are all very distinct entities.

For instance, I have but the utmost admiration for the Jewish Faith. I'm indifferent to Hebrew ethnicity and the accompanying language (they're just one more ethnicity and one more language like any other). I'm iniddeferent to the state of israel per se, though strongly opposed to its consistent lack of respect for international law. And as for Zionism, I view it to be a dangerous ideology.

Now, according to my definition, anti-semitism is strictly defined as opposition to the Jewish Faith itself. I'm not Jewish myself, so believe me, I have no personal interest in this when I say I hve the utomst respect for that Faith. Beyond that, I don't see how opposition to any or all of the other mentioned items in the list above relate to anti-semitism. So if you say aeon is an anti-semite, fair enough. but I would also like to know your definitin of the word, since according to my definition, you're accusing him of opposing the Jewish Faith itself. Is that in fact what you meant?

I'm simply asking to clarify, since I know that may will use the word anti-semitism loosely to include such definitions as anti-israel, anti-Israeli policies, anti-some -particular-policy-of-Israel's, or anti-Zionism, all of which are distinct things in my mind, each bearing a different clearly defined word to describe it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
OK, i've just read a little more, and yes I agree aeon indeed has some anti-jewish prejucide.

Now aeon, if yo have a Jewish girlfriend, I'd suspect you'd be more sensitive to Jewish issues. I'm well aware of the fact that some Jews are anti-Zionist and anti-Israel. Fair enough. but these same Jews don't take it lightly when we associate the actions of the state of Israel or of Zionists with Judaism. It's clear form some of the quotes above that you did in fact use the term jew a few times in your criticisms. I'm not denying you might be telling the truth about your girlfriend. But if so, she'll give you a whipping when she reads that you've been using all these terms so interchangeably.

I have had Jewish friends in the past too who weren't so fond of Zionism or Israel. But they were extremely sensitive about interchanging these different terms so casually. I would have thought that with a Jewish girlfriend, you likewise would know betteer than to interchange these words and definitions so liberally. Unless your Jewish girlfriend is new?

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
This thread is filled with stinking rot.

Any gay Jew in here who would like to state an opinion?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

s_lone said:

Ever since Jul 15, 2006 8:21 am!

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

Machjo said:
s_lone said:

What exactly are you suggesting Machjo? :?: :?: :?:

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

Machjo said:
s_lone said:

OK, just to make sure I'm not misunderstood here. :? This thread stinks because it was obviously started in a sneaky biased way. It also stinks because we are dealing with homophobia, which stinks, wherever it comes from.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Well, now that Israel has kidnapped so many children and are holding them indefinately without charges or hearings or being allowed to see mom and dad, how can any moral person not say Israel is not doing wrong?

Both sides are doing wrong, but allways israel has the bigger attacks
- 1000 prisoners Vs 4 or 5
- bigger bombs, many more of them too, hitting Arab lands, in response to those rockets sent by Palestine and Lebanon into Israel.
- more damge to Arabs than to Israelis - this is the main point.

And it IS true that any tiny complaint against Israel is hammered down as being anti-semite. What a load of crap - these complaints are reasonable. As such, charge of anti-semitism are all now suspiciously over the top, and should just be ignroed.

And ya, they brought this {"anti-semite charges are all garbabe now that so many are false"} on themselves - see:TACTICS like fear mongering, attacking charachter, etc. that have nothing to do with the substance of the debate.

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
Karlin said:
And it IS true that any tiny complaint against Israel is hammered down as being anti-semite. What a load of crap - these complaints are reasonable.

So you and Aeon are reasonable, and the people who supports Israels right to self defence are over the top?