Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Have to ask JT that one.

I would go with hemp now we know how to make motors and controllers and batteries. That is pretty much 'carbon fiber in 16ft lengths' (once we do the gene work)
The bigger question for Canadians is 'will they buck and ignore his words' again like they did for the last few years or will they take up his notice and run with it to 'help Canada stay ahead of the pay to play game'. In the last year the term 'Government Hospital' should have been on the lips of millions of Canadians as 'out Leader' said something didn't smell right. Based on the complete silence since he said those few words it would appear he was right, complete silence for the next 4 years would make it appear he was really right.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"Achieving the necessary computational capabilities will still require years of hard engineering and scientific work. But we see a path clearly now, and we're eager to move ahead," it said in the post.
They should not take search results as a sign of what the future needs next. How about a 'salt-water battery'? instead.

All that computer power and suddenly net traffic has dropped off 43% wtf??

Only days before a big share sell off was to go through, . . . again, . . wtf.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...float-plane-test-flight-harbour-air-1.5390816
Harbor Air successfully tests first commercial float plane.

Have not been able to find much on it but I am guessing variable pitch?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I was Richmond this AM and it was a lovely morning for this I'm sure the Flying Beaver has never been so busy that early.
edit-did you know the Chinese now own Harbour Air and it's their money that made this happen?
You mean, nobody here is imaginative enough to back it?

That sad. It also tells me that the future may be more Chinese than we'd like it to be because they are willing to take risks.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I was Richmond this AM and it was a lovely morning for this I'm sure the Flying Beaver has never been so busy that early.

edit-did you know the Chinese now own Harbour Air and it's their money that made this happen?
I knew Harbour partnered with a Chinese aviation company giving them 49% of the corporation and 25% of the voting shares.

Is that what you meant to say?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...float-plane-test-flight-harbour-air-1.5390816
Harbor Air successfully tests first commercial float plane.

Have not been able to find much on it but I am guessing variable pitch?

POOR FOOLISH hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You FORGOT TO MENTION that the electric Beaver ......................

flew for a GRAND TOTAL OF 4 MINUTES before the battery expired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the electric racing plane that I mentioned the other day...................

the one that can fly at full power for 5 minutes and then must be QUICKLY LANDED.......................

before the battery dies or the engine over heats and catches FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The electric Beaver IS NOT READY for prime time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then your PROPAGANDA is not up to much either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Pretty much all modern cars are crap.

Planned obsolescence.

One more reason Tesla's are so superior. Made to last

Tesla value is equal to your level of Truth and Sanity!

That is to say BADLY COMPROMISED and wildly over rated!