Iran to maintain nuclear policy

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Iran to maintain nuclear policy

moghrabi said:
I don't think Israel will be stupid enough to go and hit Iran's nuclear plants. The world will be pressed to do the same to Israel as they did when Saddam invaded Kuwait.

They have no fear mog, it has nothing to do with stupidity. How many raids have they conducted on your country? (forget reasons for a moment)

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
on a daily basis over Lebanon. However, when their head get too big and they think they are too mighty, they will fall as others had fallen before them.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
on a daily basis over Lebanon. However, when their head get too big and they think they are too mighty, they will fall as others had fallen before them.

One thing has always amazed me with Arabs and their plight, I talk to pals in New York about this also and lately they have been doing pretty well with this.

If the Arabs want to win, they have to stop bombing people and start lobbying. Thats the way the game is played and it took them a while to realize it, however they are gaining ground.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
We never had a plight really before the creation of this Zionist poison in the ME. The British decided to gives them a land of other people. Arabs are known to be warriors. Now as you said, they are lobbying for their cause. But it is a long shot before they beat the Jewish lobby.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
We never had a plight really before the creation of this Zionist poison in the ME. The British decided to gives them a land of other people. Arabs are known to be warriors. Now as you said, they are lobbying for their cause. But it is a long shot before they beat the Jewish lobby.

No it is not, and the sooner they realize it (which I believe they have), the sooner everyone will win. The reasoning that Arabs are fighters is not logical, everyone fights. The "game" has always been played in the back channels. Arabs have taken high positions lately in Europe and the US. You want to win? Lobby.

And I don't mean this offensively, it is unfortunate but thats how politics work.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

moghrabi said:

What about all the different nationalist movements pre-Zionism? They were pretty plightish, although not very united.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I agree with you. No arguments there. What I was trying to say, Arabs never had the need to lobby. They fought invaders and crusaders. Now the game is played differently.

So, being an American ITN, Can I start lobbying with you to get me to high places?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
I agree with you. No arguments there. What I was trying to say, Arabs never had the need to lobby. They fought invaders and crusaders. Now the game is played differently.

So, being an American ITN, Can I start lobbying with you to get me to high places?

I'm sorry mog I don't have political connections, although I know a group of pals in New York that do. And rest assured, they are making progress. Would it surprise you to know they hang out with Jewish organizations? This is how it all begins.

Over "there" and "here" between Arabs and Jews are a literally, day and night.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

moghrabi said:

I think the opportunity is there now, where it wasn't before, hence the actions of revolutionaries, reformers and extremists?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Said1 said:
moghrabi said:

I think the opportunity is there now, where it wasn't before, hence the actions of revolutionaries, reformers and extremists?

Well said...Said.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

I think not said:
Said1 said:
moghrabi said:

Well said...Said.

Why thank you. I can be somewhat coherent when there isn't a herd of children running aroud!

I see Mo left, I would like to get his take on that. I'm sur he'll be back though.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I agree. My best friends here are Jewish for Israel. They are against the occupations as much as I am against the terrorist acts.

We do revolutionaries and reformers. But both sides are stuck in the old ways of settling the score. Arafat is gone hopefully followed by Sharon soon. Then we need the new generation that was/is not involved in the occupation of 1948.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

moghrabi said:
I agree. My best friends here are Jewish for Israel. They are against the occupations as much as I am against the terrorist acts.

We do revolutionaries and reformers. But both sides are stuck in the old ways of settling the score. Arafat is gone hopefully followed by Sharon soon. Then we need the new generation that was/is not involved in the occupation of 1948.

I'm glad to see Arafat gone. He gave me the impression that his attitude towards negotiation etc was something along the lines of "not in my life time". Does that make sense?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
It makes a lot of sense. but we have Sharon of the same generation and mentality who is saying the same thing. We need fresh people with a peaceful mentality. Leaders who will give and take. people who recognize that the other side must and will survive.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

moghrabi said:
It makes a lot of sense. but we have Sharon of the same generation and mentality who is saying the same thing. We need fresh people with a peaceful mentality. Leaders who will give and take. people who recognize that the other side must and will survive.

I think that's a big task to undertake, a;though worthy. Things are pretty messed up all around.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Said1 said:
moghrabi said:

I'm glad to see Arafat gone. He gave me the impression that his attitude towards negotiation etc was something along the lines of "not in my life time". Does that make sense?

I think its better Arafat is gone also, but in his early days he was a true freedom fighter IMO. After that he turned into a terrorist and even a worse....a politician 8O

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Yes. Arafat actually started as a true and dedicated freedom fighter. Alas, politics can make you evil.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
mrmom2 said:
Hey mister where did you get the avatar :p You like that ruling today :wink:

If you're talking to me, I'm hoping the Senate doesn't pass the ban amendment on flag burning. So I'll keep it up till then.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Ya I'm talking to you and Do you know where that symbol comes from :? Go check out my post In the news about no employee taxes I think you'll be surprised :wink: