Imbolc

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
No one god just sprang up. They all evolved form previous myths and legends. To think that a god who created the world in 6 days and a woman from a man's rib bone is as far fetched as the world being supported on the back of a giant turtle. Still good stories with acceptable morals from the bibles but as an above all else belief structure a bit much.

God never evolved but always was. Hard to fathom huh? 6 days are not six thousand literal years and Adams rib is not Adams rib but simply to say that Eve is His equal.

To understand Gods mysteries, they must be spiritually discerned or else they are as fairy tails.

Peace>>>AJ:love9:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
God never evolved but always was. Hard to fathom huh? 6 days are not six thousand literal years and Adams rib is not Adams rib but simply to say that Eve is His equal.

To understand Gods mysteries, they must be spiritually discerned or else they are as fairy tails.

I happen to believe in Faeries Thank You Very Much.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I would not call the New Testament god vengeful or hateful. I would call a good portion of his followers that. Even that may be too strong. Maybe ignorant about and closeminded to the spiritual path of those who follow other gods. They are to be pitied and helped out of their self imposed ignorance. Quoting a book written hundreds of years ago as "gospel" is ludicrous. The myths and stories of my path are far older. Should they not be given as much if not more credence?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I dont call it a loving father that watches his "only" son crucified but thats my opinion. I can only go by my experience and my experience tells me that that god isnt loving or caring. My experience tells me my God is and my Goddess is. But I dont ask anyone to follow my beliefs not even to accept them, I ask those that dont believe the way I believe to be tolerent and allow me to have my own path. Simple. I dont condemn the people (not all). Ive said it before and Ill keep saying it I am a hipocrite, I get very judgemental over people and a god that dont keep children safe, that condemn me for no other reason than Im aery faery in their eyes. My heart hurts because Im condemed before Im known and most arent willing to research or learn.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
The problem is that Pagan religions are cults of Life - they honor Life, and Nature, and Happiness. And Christianity is the cult of Death. People who serve Death will never accept those who serve Life. That's why Christians will condemn Pagans. We are too different. People, who wear a corpse on their necks and don't realize the fact that the kind of Amulet you are wearing defines the kind of life you lead, will never allow others just to be happy in their own way and to live in harmony with the Universe.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
The problem is that Pagan religions are cults of Life - they honor Life, and Nature, and Happiness. And Christianity is the cult of Death. People who serve Death will never accept those who serve Life. That's why Christians will condemn Pagans. We are too different. People, who wear a corpse on their necks and don't realize the fact that the kind of Amulet you are wearing defines the kind of life you lead, will never allow others just to be happy in their own way and to live in harmony with the Universe.

"And Christianity is the cult of Death" Please expound on that statement?

Life is limited on this earth to each individual, cult or otherwise. All die.

Life after death! Then must be the question?

Your thoughts?

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
"And Christianity is the cult of Death" Please expound on that statement?
Life is limited on this earth to each individual, cult or otherwise. All die.
Life after death! Then must be the question? Your thoughts?

What did Christianity start with? It started with Jesus Christ and his dying "to save everyone". So the starting point of that religion was death, pain, blood and suffering. That's the first point. The second point is that Christian dogmas negate all the joys that we can get from living, from being alive. Making money, having sex for other reasons, than reproduction, having a good time, getting on in life, is all considered a sin by the Christian religion. The good Christian is the one who goes through life already being dead inside - dead love, joy and happiness. If you doubt my words, read the Bible. It is all written there. The third thing is that death does not bring life. Death brings death. Point. No one's death is going to bring life to you. The Christian religion installs a very lousy program in every one, who practises it. And the program is - you are guilty of terrible things, and in order to save you from your guilt your God died a terrible death for you, so now you have to spend your life repenting those terrible sins of yours. And so every Christian sunconsciously goes through life repenting every enjoyable thing, every enjoyable moment of his or her life. And it is manifested in the amulet they have to wear - a dead body. And ideally a Christian's life has to be spent in hoping to get to the better world after his death.

As for life after death... You know, the strange thing about Christianity is that though the religion itself is death-oriented, Christians are not taught anything about death or dying. My religion honors Life, we have a cult of Life. Nevertheless, our Volkhvs explain us what it is like to die, I have been through some initiations, during which I experienced the feeling of approaching Death. And now I know what it will feel like, when my time to go comes, and I will not be frightened or confused, because I've been through that already, and I know what to expect and how to take everything and what to do. And the way you accept your death, the way you think and the way you feel at the moment of dying, in a great way shapes what happens to you in after-life.

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
What did Christianity start with? It started with Jesus Christ and his dying "to save everyone". So the starting point of that religion was death, pain, blood and suffering. That's the first point. The second point is that Christian dogmas negate all the joys that we can get from living, from being alive. Making money, having sex for other reasons, than reproduction, having a good time, getting on in life, is all considered a sin by the Christian religion. The good Christian is the one who goes through life already being dead inside - dead love, joy and happiness. If you doubt my words, read the Bible. It is all written there. The third thing is that death does not bring life. Death brings death. Point. No one's death is going to bring life to you. The Christian religion installs a very lousy program in every one, who practises it. And the program is - you are guilty of terrible things, and in order to save you from your guilt your God died a terrible death for you, so now you have to spend your life repenting those terrible sins of yours. And so every Christian sunconsciously goes through life repenting every enjoyable thing, every enjoyable moment of his or her life. And it is manifested in the amulet they have to wear - a dead body. And ideally a Christian's life has to be spent in hoping to get to the better world after his death.

As for life after death... You know, the strange thing about Christianity is that though the religion itself is death-oriented, Christians are not taught anything about death or dying. My religion honors Life, we have a cult of Life. Nevertheless, our Volkhvs explain us what it is like to die, I have been through some initiations, during which I experienced the feeling of approaching Death. And now I know what it will feel like, when my time to go comes, and I will not be frightened or confused, because I've been through that already, and I know what to expect and how to take everything and what to do. And the way you accept your death, the way you think and the way you feel at the moment of dying, in a great way shapes what happens to you in after-life.

OK. I read what you said and have two observations.

Your first paragraph describes all that the flesh is, the lusts of the flesh.
True, we love to enjoy sex, drinking spirits, dancing and all the things which make life fun.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with all of that.
What is wrong is the abuse of all of it to an excess.

And I can see that you do believe in an after life as I do as well.
The Pharaohs of Egypt did as well.

I would say that of both realms, this life or the next, that the next is secured for us already as you said you have somewhat experienced it.

What we then have is this life to manage. How we do that is based on what our individual beliefs are.
Collectively, if we were united with a common thread, then we could make this a better world to live in.
That thread being love one for another.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

I LOVE your simaly (sp) here. I used to wear about ten pieces around my neck. each piece with a loving bright meaning. I now wear one. Its a one of a kind piece fron Glastonbury. Its a pentacle and the Goddess symbol transposed in silver (cresents facing inward) and black onyx over the center. Critter (my son) wanted a penticle from England so the male/female mother/son piece was perfect and reminds me during the toughest times "we are one"

Paganism to me is all that shines.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Wow, Tam, I only just had the opportunity to open your link, and there's lots of videos!
No work for me today :)
Thanks a lot for the link!!!
And the video In the breath of our Ancestors is actually about Slavic Paganism!

Last edited:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Merry Imbloc My Friend

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
A Scottish Poem:
If Candlemas day be fair and bright, Winter will have another flight.
If Candlemas day be shower and rain, Winter is gone and will not come again.​

Last edited:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

[SIZE=+2]Life is inside Gaia's womb[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]As the Sun begins to bloom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Stirring deep inside the Earth[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Gaia soon, she will give birth[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Light the candles one by one[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]As we see more of the Sun[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Weave the Brigit's cross tonight[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]and hang it by the cooking light[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Now the triple Goddess rules[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]The triple flame the blacksmith tools[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]The fires of hearth will burn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]For poetry my heart does yearn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Hail to Brigit on this night[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]There's magick in the fairy flight[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]See the women at the well[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Listen to what she will tell[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]The fairies flutter with delight[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]The ewes give milk and all is right[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Blessed be this Imbolg night[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]springtime now is near in sight[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
A Scottish Poem:​

If Candlemas day be fair and bright, Winter will have another flight.
If Candlemas day be shower and rain, Winter is gone and will not come again.

Weather has it being cold and clear for next few days. Oh well only another 6 weeks till spring or so. It will be my b-day on the 24th of March. Just after the equinox.