Ignatieff makes best impression, poll suggests

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Even Lyin' Brian can't compete with Cretin when in comes to stretching the truth

Hi will hax the G hest T

Chretian didn't get "outed" for having a $1,000,000 bribe in a paper bag while sitting as PM. How Mulroney avoided jail time is one of Canada's greatest political mysteries

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Chretian didn't get "outed" for having a $1,000,000 bribe in a paper bag while sitting as PM. How Mulroney avoided jail time is one of Canada's greatest political mysteries

This is something I could never understand. Here we have a politician who often claims he was the absolute best prime minister and he is, on different occasions, carrying around large sums of money that he got for favours, in a brown paper bag. Somehow bribes in bags don't fit with best PM....At least not to me. You're right. He should have done jail time.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Cretin hasn't been outed for lots of things. Doesn't mean he hasn't done them. There is enough evidence out there to suggest he is one of the biggest slime balls to ever sit in the PMs chair. If it looks like a duck...

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
This is something I could never understand. Here we have a politician who often claims he was the absolute best prime minister and he is, on different occasions, carrying around large sums of money that he got for favours, in a brown paper bag. Somehow bribes in bags don't fit with best PM....At least not to me. You're right. He should have done jail time.
Yup. He made me almost quit mentioning that I'm Irish.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Cretin hasn't been outed for lots of things. Doesn't mean he hasn't done them. There is enough evidence out there to suggest he is one of the biggest slime balls to ever sit in the PMs chair. If it looks like a duck...
And yet even ChRETIeN has nothing on Martin for being slime. Meeting with Tamil Tigers ( link ) while he was PM and then when Canada finally booted him [URL="http://www2.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=a9c35e65-4482-4b7d-9074-482470952f01&k=8573&p=1[/URL"]link[/url]

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Harper has made quite a few mistakes and he is starting to pay for it at the polls.
Hopefully the Con's will be polishing up the second stringers.

As to Count Iggy; it's his to win.
Assuming he doesn't say anything stupid then I presume the Liberal fund raising machine is slowly but surely starting to fill the campaign purse.
I figure six to 18 months and Iggy will be leading a minority Liberal government.

What will the difference be is the big question.
Iggy is a full blown, blue blooded, silver spoon in the mouth, intellectual elite descended from the Russian Romanov's.
He has been an adopted American for decades.
He has been foreign for so long that I think he is no longer eligible for CPP or Unemployment Insurance (big worry there).
His position papers that he published in the States seemed to be: pro Bush, pro Guantanamo, pro Iraqi war, pro torture and lets bomb the Iranians.
But he is rumored to be an "Academic Liberal" whatever that is.
Nobody seems to sure if he is going to move the Liberals to the right of Harper or try and hold the center.

Smart as hell though.
Just maybe smart enough to polish off Harper for good.

Heaven knows what his policies will look like, probably more or less like Harper's I figure.

Trex

Last edited: