IGA Turns Away Customer Who Cannot Wear Mask for Medical Reasons

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's part of the cancel culture.

Let's shut IGA down.

They were mean to someone. Maybe.
You support the cancel culture dude. You're one of the idiots who cried in outrage about Don Cherry saying "You people" and applauded his being fired. You should be 100% behind this woman. The woman had a referral from her doctor.
But let's pretend she didn't. Let's all pretend the IGA didn't violate govt policy by refusing service to her. Let's all pretend that she's a self-entitled little shit who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to her. Because hey, she's disabled so f*ck her, right?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
She doesn't have PTSD, she has fibromyalgia.
"For the past 37 years, Schlenker has been suffering from nerve damage resulting in hypersensitivity - the form of fibromyalgia means the slightest touch or pressure causes pain to her face or head, including a mask."
But y'all go out back and play psychiatrist with the other kids now, hear?

As has been pointed out, she has other options besides walking around the store without a mask.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
In my opinion, she should be marched out, then shot in the back of the head. One less worthless mouth to feed.

I do hope the white coats find your sorry ass soon, before you hurt someone. You are one sick son of a bitch.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You are ashamed of your ethnic background, and try to convince people that you are successful lawyer in the Washington DC area. The ruse is up. You have White guilt, and it is time you went to a professional who can help with your delusions.

And you're a proven moron, what's your point.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I agree she has alternatives - some grocery stores even deliver. I would ask her what her specific situation was - did she absolutely have to go to the store in person or can she not either order via phone and then pick it up or have it delivered. Hey Techom - I agree with you!!! Yay!!
Will wonders never cease?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As has been pointed out, she has other options besides walking around the store without a mask.
From the OP:

The government decree that mandated masks in all indoor public spaces in Quebec made exceptions for those who cannot wear a mask due to pre-existing medical issues (asthma, PTSD, heart issues ...).

Assuming that's correct, she doesn't need to wear a mask. It would be a good idea for her to wear a face shield or other protective device (can't think of one offhand, but then again, I ain't real bright). But she was in compliance with the mask order.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
From the OP:
The government decree that mandated masks in all indoor public spaces in Quebec made exceptions for those who cannot wear a mask due to pre-existing medical issues (asthma, PTSD, heart issues ...).
Assuming that's correct, she doesn't need to wear a mask. It would be a good idea for her to wear a face shield or other protective device (can't think of one offhand, but then again, I ain't real bright). But she was in compliance with the mask order.

Didnt say she wasn't.