How many gays people are there ??

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
To appease your curiousity (as much as I can ;) ), I am a dyke. Happily engaged now that SSM is legal here in BC. Yay.

And you? Which side of the fence do you frequent?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Nice to make your acquaintance, Cosmo.
As it happens, I'm prepared to let nontechguy thinks what he likes about me: I don't believe one's sexuality is relevant to anything whatsoever, let alone forum chat. I was just a little surprised by the question and wondered why nontechguy felt the need to ask about my sexual preferences in the first place. If he'd have explained , adequately, why this was relevant I may have been more prepared to discuss the issue.
Also, the wording of the question (I'm not gay but...) made me think that perhaps nontechguy has some kind of agenda regarding homosexuality. I mean, this is an anonymous forum and yet the idea that we might think he is anything less that 100% straight seemed too much to bear.

On a lighter note; the (lack of) punctuation in nontechguy's statement amused me, so I just couldn't resist a little playful editing. Not big, and not clever - I'll leave other people's posts alone in future (Apologies to nontechguy for that little misdemeanour, just a bit of fun :wink: ).

(So, level of forum gayness thus far stands at; 50% straight, 25% gay and 25% undecided. Now there's pluralism for you!)

:eek:ccasion7: Oh, and congratulations on your engagement, Cosmo :thumbup:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Hey HLHenry ... thanks for the congrats. :) Never thought I'd ever want to make that trek down the aisle again but when you meet the right one ya just know.

Nontechguy ... why did you ask this question? Writing a book? Doing a survey? Why does the orientation of other forum folk matter to you? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in that I shall assume you have a good reason for asking, but I would like to hear why you did pose the question.