How did anybody actually believe Obama?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
pffffffffffffft yeah that could happen...NOT......check above you...it's not like you're up against anything serious

more like...nah, nah, nah nah

isn't that a song...

So true.

If any right wing delusional is really interested in the truth all they need to do is to avail themselves of libertarian Bill Maher's many Zombie lies:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bil...fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

Thereafter they can change the name of this thread from How anybody actually believe Obama to How can anyone believe those right wing lies?"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
People don't actually believe politicians do they? I mean don't most people really, deep down, vote based upon who's built up the best 'hate their face' rhetoric?

Seriously.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Seriously? Come on now.
As opposed to "military." Enemies in wartime aren't entitled to trials. And before you ask, nothing stops a citizen from being an enemy.

And because I've already had this argument umpty-leven times, the war against al Qaeda was authorized by Congress, according to the Constitution, in the Authorization for the Use of Military Force against Al Qaeda.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Every speech Bush made about his war on Iraq he confused Saddam with AQ and tried to justify himself by connecting the two when there was no possible justification for doing so.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As opposed to "military."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Every speech Bush made about his war on Iraq he confused Saddam with AQ and tried to justify himself by connecting the two when there was no possible justification for doing so.
Doesn't change the fact that the Downing Street Memo supported the AUMF against Iraq, not the AUMF against al Qaeda. The AUMF against al Qaeda was passed on 14 September, 2001. The Downing Street Memo was the note on a secret meeting on 23 July 2002. So, unless you wanna argue time travel, the DSM could not have contributed to the AUMF against al Qaeda.

But I expect several more pages of you flailing around trying to conflate the two. Knock your socks off.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
That's all part of a broader campaign in which the Bush's and Bin Laden's were connected by business and other interests and which ultimately led to those profitable wars. Before you came into this forum we had discussions on those such as this:

[youtube]rKwPzzK1b4k[/youtube]

But this was dismissed as tin hat. And the worse part is we're still paying for it.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin. Shortly afterwards, I saw him in the flesh. His accent here in Berlin was unlike any of his other speeches and it was an obvious attempt to sound like Kennedy for the first bit and then Regan in the last few minutes. I knew immediately that he was a crook, yet everybody else thought he was the savior and the answer to everybody's problems.

For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.

The perfect troll post. Bravo.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
That's all part of a broader campaign in which the Bush's and Bin Laden's were connected by business and other interests and which ultimately led to those profitable wars. Before you came into this forum we had discussions on those such as this:

[youtube]rKwPzzK1b4k[/youtube]

But this was dismissed as tin hat. And the worse part is we're still paying for it.
I'll be the first to agree with you that Iraq was all wrong. But you seem to think that because Iraq was wrong, that makes fighting al Qaeda wrong. Have you forgotten they killed 3000 people, crashed the World Trade Center, and put a big hole in the Pentagon? That's called an "act of war," goph.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Afghanistan had nothing to do with that attack. No possible justification exists for invading a sovereign country, killing thousands of its citizens, and wasting our tax dollars and soldiers lives for an attack carried out by stateless political fanatics.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Afghanistan had nothing to do with that attack. No possible justification exists for invading a sovereign country, killing thousands of its citizens, and wasting our tax dollars and soldiers lives for an attack carried out by stateless political fanatics.
Afghanistan is where al Qaeda was. Al Qaeda was also substantially intertwined with the Taliban government of Afghanistan. You may note that a number of countries, including Canada, that chose to stay out of D*ck and George's Excellent Adventure in Iraq did participate in the war on Afghanistan. Seems like they thought the casus belli against Afghanistan was legit.

Or perhaps Germany and Canada are just dupes and hangers-on of the U.S. Which kinda makes a body wonder why they didn't go into Iraq.