How about them Canucks!

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
He lost his job by embarrassing his employer-an organisation that works tirelessly to maintain a positive profile in the community by working with & raising money for local hospitals & hospices.

A few years back I was doing some tests in the local cancer clinic and walking into a room to rest there was a life sized paper cutout of Roberto Luongo in full uniform he was Canuck goalie at the time and a very popular player-it was signed of course and was part of the Canucks ongoing outreach effort.

I can think of literally dozens of efforts the team and players have put forth supporting health in the community-not wingnuttery- health and well being.

Reactions: JLM

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Reguardless he is still welcome to his opinion , and really only a performer , who cares about his politics ? If he does the job he is contracted for is all that should matter . It seems to me he was very effective at engaging the fans .

Reactions: JLM

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Reguardless he is still welcome to his opinion , and really only a performer , who cares about his politics ? If he does the job he is contracted for is all that should matter . It seems to me he was very effective at engaging the fans .
Most jobs like this have clauses in the contract about public image/behaviour. His employer decided they didn't want to have his name associated with the organization.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Having no idea how much he was being paid, perhaps that was a dimension that had some effect on both sides. I guess, same as the customer is "always right", so is the employer! :)