Help need in Suing Protech Immigration Consultancy(Fake Con)

yam_110

Feb 12, 2010
Same here... Even I was promised the complete refund of the money I paid them in case my application gets rejected. After almost 18 months they sent me an email stating that my application has not been rejected but closed by the Canadian immigration service due to which they cannot refund the amount.
Can someone please let me know how to get back the money from these cheats?
Any help will be appreciated.

ashah

Mar 22, 2010
I am in the same boat, i applied for fast track canada PR (AINP) in feb 2009. I received a letter from canada that they have stopped this process due to which my file is closed. Protech guys had told me that if the file is rejected they would refund me but in this case they refused to give any refund. This is so unfair. I paid them $1700 and now they don't want to return a single penny. Please help me guys.Please advice what to do? Can i go to BBB?

hsk

Mar 24, 2010
Protech Immigration

My advise to all - after having waited 2 years and lost 2700 USD, is not to trust these bunch of Punjaabis - they are just a greedy bunch of Sardaars out too loot money. They promise you a lot - but HIGHLY recommend not to approach them

ravi16prs

Mar 31, 2010
Hi All,

[FONT=&quot]Protech is very very bad consultancy. They are cheating the people. They are collecting money from every one. They are not doing anything. For Alberta program cases they not started anything. Every H1B holder cases are closed by Alberta state. Protech not willing to refund money. They cheated thousands of people.[/FONT]

namepro

Apr 2, 2010
hi ashah,

I got cheated by protech too.
did you able file a complaint or case against them? can you provide me the details so I can proceed accordingly. please respond at the earliest.

Thanks,
jwelit@yahoo.com

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The agreement was,

the processing fee is : 1900 USD
Immigration fee : 550 CAD

if visa rejects due to some problem with the consultancy then they will return 1300 USD, as per the agreement

You did not get cheated and they don’t have to give your money back because the consultancy did not make a mistake Immigration Canada rejected you.

You would have to take all paper work to another immigration lawyer to see if it was filled out correctly that’s if you got all the paperwork but the company you are complaining about probably has some escape clauses in there to protect themselves from a lawsuit.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
#1 cause of Canadian Immigration failure is criminal record. 1 felony DUI is subject to banning a U.S. Citizen from even entering Canada for a visit let alone trying to immigrate there.

Canada can be very picky on their immigration but so can the U.S.A. I tried to get my U.S. Citizenship and I was denied because of a Drunk In Public charge and violation of my probation for stealing One Cigar... That's it and I still miss planes comming into the U.S. sitting in the Customs box at the airport because of it.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
#1 cause of Canadian Immigration failure is criminal record. 1 felony DUI is subject to banning a U.S. Citizen from even entering Canada for a visit let alone trying to immigrate there.

Canada can be very picky on their immigration but so can the U.S.A. I tried to get my U.S. Citizenship and I was denied because of a Drunk In Public charge and violation of my probation for stealing One Cigar... That's it and I still miss planes comming into the U.S. sitting in the Customs box at the airport because of it.

And we should let the shoe bomber in ,no questions asked right ?

I don't think so.

You broke the law and it's on your record and that is the new way of life for you.

Try to get a pardon but for now sitting in the custom box should be the least of your problems don't forget the strip searching option the customs people have.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Jesus Chirst... Just wait the damn 7 year requirement and you can re-apply. It's been long since 7 years for me so I know I can get my U.S. Citizenship now, too proud to be Canadian to get it though.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
PS. Speaking of Pardon, I got pardoned by the Queen on her 50th Jubilee in Winnipeg for an uttering threats charge in Canada because it was so ridiculous...

Still goes on your record though...

PramodC

Apr 6, 2010
They have screwed me as well. Lets all of us come together and sue these guys. Doing it individually will cost a lot of money but if we all come together then we can do it. Here is a suggestion, lets open up a website/blog or may be in Facebook and attract as many people we can. What do you guys say?

venkatavivek

Apr 26, 2010
Src: Immigration representatives: How to file a complaint

Immigration representatives: How to file a complaint

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) does not get involved in disputes between applicants and their representatives. If you have a complaint about your representative, there are ways you can get help.
First, you must find out if your representative is an “authorized representative.” Authorized representatives are members in good standing of a Canadian law society, the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
For more information about regulatory bodies, see Contacts under Related Links at the bottom of this page.
If you have a complaint about:
an authorized representative

an employee of an authorized representative

• Discuss your complaint with the licensed immigration representative. If you feel your concern was not dealt with properly, you may file a complaint with the representative’s regulatory body.
a non-authorized representative

What if my immigration representative breaks the law while representing me?

If you know your immigration representative broke the law while representing you, they could be charged under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Criminal Code of Canada or the laws of your country of residence.
If the law they broke was immigration-related (for example, if your representative submitted fraudulent documents with your application), immediately contact the CIC office processing your application or the Canada Border Services Agency.
If your representative has defrauded you personally (for example, if they charged you a fee, but did not fulfil what was promised or refuse to return your passport without another fee), contact your local law enforcement agency.

szabolcska2001

May 10, 2010
Stay away from Protech Immigration

Hello everybody,
We paid 1700 $ fee for Protech Immigration last year. WE send all the documents. They never called us. They send us an email a week ago that they want 1500 $ more to refile our case ??.
They are thieves, they just want your money. and they just barely speak english.
Stay away from Protech Immigration,

Ram

Nov 15, 2005
I agree with Liberalman posting that consultancy need not to refund the money if they had filed your case and on the later date Govt. changes the law or policies regarding Canadian immigration. As suggested by Liberalman, check your agreement for this clause.

Alberta immigration has recently closed many applications for H1B steam for IT. I called Alberta Govt may times to know about my application status they told me initially that it will take 4 months, then 8 and 12 and finally closed my application stating that there is not enough jobs in IT field in Alberta and given 1 year to find a job in Alberta in order to re-open the case.

I do not think we should blame anybody except Alberta Govt. who has closed IT application under H1B program.

protech

Jan 5, 2011
They suck!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They do ****ty job!!!!!!!!!!!

Sueprotech

Feb 9, 2011
Hello Everyone ( Feb 11, 2011) : I have a similar story. I am a victim of protech too! In August 2008 , I gave protech 1700 USD as a "Retainers Fee" along with all my paperwork. After tons of frustating emails and few heated phone calls - i FINALLY hear from them that I have been nominated for AINP in April 2010. And they asked me for more paperwork like PCC's and Money Orders for CIC. I sent them everything in July 2010. This is Feb 2011 and my money orders have not been encashed.They dont have any answers regarding my file! And finaly I got to talk to to Mr Brar, whose explaination was that my finally is possibly lost!
well I have no idea what to do at this point!!

himseoani

Time Out
Mar 30, 2015
See, this is ridiculous. How can you con some one just like that. I mean I am wondering whether each and every Immigration Consultants are like that because just now I am into a process of my son's Canadian Immigration Visa Consultancy from Winny Immigration and Education Pvt. Ltd here in India and also situated at Canada. After reading this post I immediately called that guy from that consultancy but they are sort of certified ones. So, I hope that we get safe through.

Regards,
Himani

Last edited by a moderator: