Heartbreakers [Movie]

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Max (Weaver) and Page (Hewitt) are a mother and daughter con team. Max seduces wealthy men into marrying her, then Page seduces them into infidelity so Max can rake them over the divorce court coals. And then it's on to the next victim.

Summary written by Greg Bulmash {greg@imdb.com}

Get ready to lose your heart - and your bank account! When it comes to conning millionaires, Maxine Conners (Sigourney Weaver) and her daughter, Paige (Jennifer Love Hewitt), are real pros. First, Maxine leads them to the altar. Then, Paige lures them into seduction... and a hefty divorce settlement! After that, it's on to the next unfortunate victim: repulsive billionaire, William Tensy (Gene Hackman). Unfortunately, Paige breaks the cardinal rule of the con and falls in love, with a young bartender (Jason Lee). Now, Maxine must hold on to her daughter and Tensy's money, before she loses the best parter in crime she will ever have.

From IMDB

I saw this for probably the 10th time on USA Network the other day and this movie just never loses it's charm! Get laughs and hilarious plot... and acting. :) Highly suggested by me.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Max (Weaver) and Page (Hewitt) are a mother and daughter con team. Max seduces wealthy men into marrying her, then Page seduces them into infidelity so Max can rake them over the divorce court coals. And then it's on to the next victim.

Get ready to lose your heart - and your bank account! When it comes to conning millionaires, Maxine Conners (Sigourney Weaver) and her daughter, Paige (Jennifer Love Hewitt), are real pros. First, Maxine leads them to the altar. Then, Paige lures them into seduction... and a hefty divorce settlement! After that, it's on to the next unfortunate victim: repulsive billionaire, William Tensy (Gene Hackman). Unfortunately, Paige breaks the cardinal rule of the con and falls in love, with a young bartender (Jason Lee). Now, Maxine must hold on to her daughter and Tensy's money, before she loses the best parter in crime she will ever have.

From IMDB

I saw this for probably the 10th time on USA Network the other day and this movie just never loses it's charm! Get laughs and hilarious plot... and acting. :) Highly suggested by me.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

From IMDB

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I don't think I ever saw the movie, but I will look for it next time.

Last night...oh boy...on pbs they have a 2 parter on called unforgiveable blackness. A ken burns documentary, (I would kill to meet ken burns) 8)

Its the story of Jack Johnson, never heard of him before I watched this. What a amazing, outstanding, remarkable man he was. I never really understood the great white hope thing, but I do now. This man changed history, really one black man againist all the white boxing game, bigots, rascists, and the discrimation of early 1900. What a feat he accomplished, I wonder if ali got some of his boxing ring personality from Jack Johnson. I am still not clear on the meaning of Jim crow references for the south, what does that mean?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Last night...oh boy...on pbs they have a 2 parter on called unforgiveable blackness. A ken burns documentary, (I would kill to meet ken burns) 8)

Its the story of Jack Johnson, never heard of him before I watched this. What a amazing, outstanding, remarkable man he was. I never really understood the great white hope thing, but I do now. This man changed history, really one black man againist all the white boxing game, bigots, rascists, and the discrimation of early 1900. What a feat he accomplished, I wonder if ali got some of his boxing ring personality from Jack Johnson. I am still not clear on the meaning of Jim crow references for the south, what does that mean?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
God this movie was good. Really, genuinely funny. And some decent acting chops present: Sigourney, Gene Hackman, Ray Liotta, Anne Bancroft...

To quote my Leonard Maltin movie guide: "The cast seem to be having a good time, wonderful performance by Hewitt's breasts".

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
God this movie was good. Really, genuinely funny. And some decent acting chops present: Sigourney, Gene Hackman, Ray Liotta, Anne Bancroft...

To quote my Leonard Maltin movie guide: "The cast seem to be having a good time, wonderful performance by Hewitt's breasts".

NSA

Nominee Member
Jan 20, 2005
Guelph, Ontario