Happy Ramadan 2015 to our Muslim Members.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Pray for people who are treated unjustly and for God’s sake, be courageous.

Islam is a message of truth. We are not here in this country to be accepted, we are here to be respected.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Dunno how people can go a full day light hours without eating a solid meal but hope they find that it's worth it.

Happy Ramadan.

From Muslim friends, they tell me that the ones in the summer are really hard as the fast is for a longer period. They much prefer the ones that happen over the winter months.

I think it would be difficult to be Muslim north of the Arctic Circle. You either starve for 2 weeks or have no time to fast at all.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
If you believe God everything will be easy
I pray for you at these great times
in Iran we fast for about 17 hours
today is second day ... and of course fasting isn't just avoid eating , you shouldn't do some works like :
1- eating and drinking
2-say something wrong Instead of Prophets or God
3-inhale Thick fog ( smoking and ...)
4-Dipping the whole head underwater
5-being Najis til Morning prayer
6-deliberately Vomiting
and ...
there are three day in Ramadan (19th , 21th, 23th) called QADR NIGHTS ....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laylat_al-Qadr
as you see being a Muslim is hard but when you feel faith at yourself all things are easy
Happy Ramadan

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
today is second day ... and of course fasting isn't just avoid eating , you shouldn't do some works like :
1- eating and drinking
6-deliberately Vomiting
and ...
there are three day in Ramadan (19th , 21th, 23th) called QADR NIGHTS ....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laylat_al-Qadr
as you see being a Muslim is hard but when you feel faith at yourself all things are easy
Happy Ramadan
Happy Ramadan Mahan!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
1- eating and drinking
6-deliberately Vomiting
and ...
Happy Ramadan

My friend from Iran said that one does not have to fast if it jeopardizes ones health in any way. Thankfully he is very fit and can readily withstand the holiday requirements.