German Cannibal

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I remember when I first heard this story. I thought it was the most bizarre and disturbing thing I had EVER heard. I revisited it, and it still sends chills down my spine...it honestly does.

He was later sentenced to 8 and a half years in prison...

German 'cannibal' tells of regret

A German accused of killing and eating a man he met on a website for cannibals has expressed regret for his actions. Armin Meiwes, who is awaiting trial, told a German newspaper he wants to deter other people from copying him.
Mr Meiwes, from Rotenburg, says his victim was a willing participant who ate part of his own body before Mr Meiwes stabbed him to death and stored his remains in a freezer.
The 41-year-old computer expert is expected to go on trial on 3 December.
Advertised on internet
The grisly details of the case caused a sensation in the German media when Mr Meiwes was arrested in December, 2002.

Mr Meiwes, a computer expert, met 43-year-old Bernd-Jurgen Brandes in early 2001, after Mr Meiwes advertised on websites for "young, well-built men aged 18 to 30 to slaughter", the German daily newspaper Bild reported at the time of his arrest. Mr Meiwes told investigators he took Mr Brandes back to his home, where Mr Brandes agreed to have his penis cut off, which Mr Meiwes then flambeed and served up to eat together.
Mr Meiwes says he then killed Mr Brandes with his consent - recording the two-hour event on video.
Life story
"I admit what I've done," Mr Meiwes told Welt am Sonntag newspaper. "I accept that I am guilty and I regret my actions."
Mr Meiwes said he wants to write his life story with the aim of deterring anyone who wanted to copy him.
Disturbingly, a number of websites dedicated to Mr Meiwes have appeared, with people advertising for willing victims.
"They should go for treatment, so it doesn't escalate like it did with me," said Mr Meiwes.
He said he believed there were about 800 "cannibals" in Germany.
Prosecutors are seeking a conviction of murder for "sexual satisfaction", as cannibalism is not technically illegal under German law.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/3230774.stm

Published: 2003/11/23 11:59:24 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Holy crow that's bizarre. Someone responded to the ad..amazing.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Holy crow that's bizarre. Someone responded to the ad..amazing.
I know...I can't imagine that being a fantasy. I mean, I guess people do have those fantasies...but...I just can't wrap my head around that. Apparently, from another article I read, the cannibal claims that over 200 people responded to his ad, and he had met with others who backed out at the last minute...he went to a movie with one after the backout, and for beers with another.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I know...I can't imagine that being a fantasy. I mean, I guess people do have those fantasies...but...I just can't wrap my head around that. Apparently, from another article I read, the cannibal claims that over 200 people responded to his ad, and he had met with others who backed out at the last minute...he went to a movie with one after the backout, and for beers with another.

Some people need help, like he said.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't know what must happen in a persons mind to make them have a desire for human flesh. How come the thought of it makes me sick...but turns him on?

Even worse, the guy wanting to be eaten. WTF?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Mr Meiwes told investigators he took Mr Brandes back to his home, where Mr Brandes agreed to have his penis cut off, which Mr Meiwes then flambeed and served up to eat together.

That is just too weird.